Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2013 12:16:42 PM EDT
They're really attacking us now, the last holdout in the northeast. Now Giffords' Brady Replacement Tour is coming to NH to bother Ayotte and spread more lies.

MANCHESTER, N.H. —Former Arizona U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, who was shot in the head while meeting with constituents two years ago, is planning to visit New Hampshire next week hoping to convince U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., to vote for expanded gun background checks.

The pro-gun control group she started with her husband said Giffords will travel to the state on July 5. No other details have been released.

In April, Ayotte voted against an amendment that would expand criminal background checks for gun purchases, which failed to pass the Senate by four votes. The Senate is expected to take up the same or similar legislation later this year, so there has been pressure by gun control advocates on a handful of senators to change their votes. Giffords's trip comes on the heels of nearly $2 million in television ads against Ayotte on this issue and organized press conferences and rallies, all hoping she will change her mind. Ayotte hasn't given any indication the public pressure is making her re-think her position.

Yet in announcing next week's trip, Giffords's organization also announced the results of a New Hampshire poll they commissioned with respected Democratic pollster Greenberg Quinlan Rosner. The poll found that 84 percent of New Hampshire residents support the concept of expanded background checks. Overall, 57 percent said that Ayotte should change her mind.

While Ayotte did not vote for the expanded background check amendment, she did vote for another amendment that would work to stregthen the existing background check program by providing it with more data from states and would beef up enforcement against those who fail a background check.

http://www.wmur.com/political-scoop/hoping-to-pressure-ayotte-gun-control-advocate-giffords-to-visit-nh/-/16254890/20709692/-/qw4wccz/-/index.html#ixzz2XGFLC8Z1
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do we show up to counter?  

And remember no touch the popo!
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure that poll "quoted" only represented the Dems and did not take a true slice of NH citizens...especially the ones born and raised here....great when all they do is poll the transplants and spread their lib BS...totally disgusting..................
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
"...support the concept of expanded background checks..."

That is not that same as supporting the bill she voted against.

This is going to be another event that will not benefit from a hillbilly's touch. Giffords was shot in the head and has difficulty speaking, so it would be better to direct any protest _toward_ bolstering Ayotte's position, rather than shouting down Giffords. The latter will make us all look like Mussos.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Screw Gabby Giffords.  If she had half a brain, she'd...

Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone ORGANIZING a counter "protest"?  Something that doesn't make us look like the inbred morons that the left would like to make us out to be?

I would love to participate.  I will be out of state with my daughter that weekend.   But I hope that we aren't just giving her a free ride here in the "Live Free or Die" state.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is anyone ORGANIZING a counter "protest"?  Something that doesn't make us look like the inbred morons that the left would like to make us out to be?

I would love to participate.  I will be out of state with my daughter that weekend.   But I hope that we aren't just giving her a free ride here in the "Live Free or Die" state.

I checked the GONH website just now and didn't see anything.

Is there anything organized that anyone else knows about?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, they apparently had her throw out the first ball for the Fisher Cats. I wonder who was responsible for that? Check the NH democrats' facebook pages, they're the ones towing her around on an anti-gun tour, they'll probably brag about their agenda.

GONH has been asleep at the wheel on a lot of things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top