Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 1:19:42 PM EDT
Asking for a friend who is asking around on Facebook....

Trying to find someplace in the New England area that has the ability to do a PET scan (not CT scan or MRI) of someone that is just over 500lbs.  Apparently 500lbs is the limit for most places.  

She has already tried asked the following with negative results:  Brockton Hospital, South Shore Hospital, Good Sam, Mass General, Tufts Medical, Dana Farber, Beth Israel, Tufts Veterinary Hospital in Grafton, MA, Franklin Park Zoo, Shields, Steward PET Scan Mobile, and Brigham & Womens.

It's already been suggested to her that the person she's trying to help lose some weight.  I don't know the details but apparently, time is critical and for some reason that's not an option.  

I didn't ask why, just trying to help out and figured this place has so much collective knowledge that it was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If Mass General can't handle it, then I don't know who can.

Perhaps try UMMC in Worcester, I know they have a lot of specialized services.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Baystate hospital in Springfield
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top