Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2017 2:00:10 PM EDT
If I were to sell preban mags to someone in Massachusetts are there any licenses or proofs of eligibility to purchase that I need to be aware of?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Mass "Class A" LTC
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Follow-up/hijack....

I had an agreement to sell some preban glock mags and the buyer backed out saying he found out that the mags had to have been in Massachusetts before 1994.

Is that accurate in any way?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Follow-up/hijack....

I had an agreement to sell some preban glock mags and the buyer backed out saying he found out that the mags had to have been in Massachusetts before 1994.

Is that accurate in any way?
View Quote

It does not state that it must be possessed by the person in MA.  

Here is the text of the applicable statute:

"Chapter 140: Section 131M. Assault weapon or large capacity feeding device not lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994; sale, transfer or possession; punishment

"Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

"The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer for purposes of law enforcement; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement."
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am about to sell some mags to someone in MA also.  Thanks for the tip about the "Class A" LTC.  So hopefully when I ask for a copy of this the person won't get bent out of shape.

Also, the AR mags I have which are some 55 or more.  Many are in the wrap but don't have any dates stamped on the mags.  There are dates on the wrappers.  Aren't all USGI mags after 09/94 stamped with a date?  I thought that was the case.  I thought 90% of them made before 9/94 were unmarked.  Is it legal to sell these un stamped GI mags in MA?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am about to sell some mags to someone in MA also.  Thanks for the tip about the "Class A" LTC.  So hopefully when I ask for a copy of this the person won't get bent out of shape.

Also, the AR mags I have which are some 55 or more.  Many are in the wrap but don't have any dates stamped on the mags.  There are dates on the wrappers.  Aren't all USGI mags after 09/94 stamped with a date?  I thought that was the case.  I thought 90% of them made before 9/94 were unmarked.  Is it legal to sell these un stamped GI mags in MA?
View Quote

1. A class A or class B LTC would be acceptable. (There are still class b licenses in circulation- though few and the number is only decreasing)

2. There is no requirement for the mag to be date stamped.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1. A class A or class B LTC would be acceptable. (There are still class b licenses in circulation- though few and the number is only decreasing)

2. There is no requirement for the mag to be date stamped.
View Quote

Great thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Your good

I have sent 300 preban mags to mass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your good

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Your good

View Quote

Your a good man FREE!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to hijack this thread but I have some pre ban steel AR15 mags. Some 30 rounders and some 20 rounders. What are they worth?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+/- $30

Some will pay double.  Personally, I will not pay more than $15.  But, I have far more than I need.
View Quote

If I get the lot I would be only looking to get $25 a piece. I was hoping that they would bring this to make the deal worth it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
$25 a piece would move. Dated mags also move faster, because peoples peace of mind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
How do people sell them?  I've had those pre-ban Glock mags listed on armslist for a while with little interest.

Also, how do i tell if my old AR mags are pre-ban?  The internet doesn't seem to offer consensus.  Maybe there isn't any?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How do people sell them?  I've had those pre-ban Glock mags listed on armslist for a while with little interest.

Also, how do i tell if my old AR mags are pre-ban?  The internet doesn't seem to offer consensus.  Maybe there isn't any?
View Quote

Some folks only want them in the wrapper . . . I guess they are going to put them in a shadowbox as is. Others merely want some evidence that they really are pre-ban.

I put some links up on another website that help ID those that are genuinely pre-ban. Since the new AR15.com website launched I can't find things like this, even though the info was here for many years before.

Pre-ban links for mags
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I should have the pile of stuff I bought Saturday. Supposedly there are 10 dated pre-ban mags. I will list them in the EE once I have them in hand and confirm. I was hoping to get $23-25 each to make this lots of stuff worth buying.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+/- $30

Some will pay double.  Personally, I will not pay more than $15.  But, I have far more than I need.
View Quote
Yea I sell mine for $17-20 each according to condition.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea I found and old Glock mag and realized it was a U notched preban and sold it last week.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a few 9mm preban glock mags with +2s on them. Whats a fair price on them?

I also have a preban used beta mag. Its in the canvas case and has a hairline 1/4" crack on the back cover that shouldnt affect anything. Whats a good price on it?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a few 9mm preban glock mags with +2s on them. Whats a fair price on them?

I also have a preban used beta mag. Its in the canvas case and has a hairline 1/4" crack on the back cover that shouldnt affect anything. Whats a good price on it?
View Quote
U-notch or square notch?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
U notch
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
U notch
View Quote
$65 to $80 depending on condition.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jesus.  Do people really pay that much for non drop free Glock mags?

Getting rid of my G19 soon.  Might just sell the mags separately.
View Quote
Sadly yes. I've seen U-channel mags going for $140 lately. They are great for the paranoid about pre-bans as the standard cap mags (not the 20+ mags) are all provably pre-ban whereas all the pictures of generations are NOT provable at all (verified fact with Glock-USA chief counsel personally).

I have ~6 such U-channel G17 mags that don't even have caliber markings on them, as when they were built there was only 1 model of Glock mfd at that time, all in perfect shape with guts all re-built by Glock. I am selling those mags as we only use that gun for training purposes. Story was that this was a spare PD gun never issued or shot when we bought it (gold grease was still in the works).
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
U notch
$65 to $80 depending on condition.

You don't even want to know what the going rate for square notches is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a bunch of pre-ban pistol mags I no longer have a need for and I was wondering if they were still good to go in Mass. I had PM'ed a MA member who had a WTB ad for Glock mags and he never responded so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info, all!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of pre-ban pistol mags I no longer have a need for and I was wondering if they were still good to go in Mass. I had PM'ed a MA member who had a WTB ad for Glock mags and he never responded so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info, all!
View Quote
They are good to go. Send them all to us.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Bumping an old thread, but if i come across some pre-ban Glock mags to send up over the boarder, what's a price that I won't lose money on?

I don't need to make money really, i know how shitty gun laws work, living just south of you guys.  

Maybe I'll get a little good karma from the 2A Gods for it.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#30]
$40 - 50 depending upon caliber and size.  Some of the G19 folks go full retard over a 15 round mag.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
delete
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the info, I posted a ee add so not to derail this thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top