Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 5:26:53 PM EDT
I have a non-resident LTC Class-A no restrict that expired 10/11.

I am debating renewing as they will be having the mandatory meetings in Chelsea every 6 years as opposed to yearly.

I travel interstate every day in the north shore and have family with a large wooded property that I shoot at (with them as they have resident licenses).

They changed the wording on the application since my license has lapsed and for non-restrict I need to show fear of bodily injury. In the past I used the reason that I shoot at a local range in MA after work and that I carried to work (approved) so that I could stop on my way home.

I am trying to feel out if the juice is worth the sqeeze since the wording changed.

Is a expired Class-A no restrict better than a valid Class-A restricted?

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a non-resident LTC Class-A no restrict that expired 10/11.

I am debating renewing as they will be having the mandatory meetings in Chelsea every 6 years as opposed to yearly.

I travel interstate every day in the north shore and have family with a large wooded property that I shoot at (with them as they have resident licenses).

They changed the wording on the application since my license has lapsed and for non-restrict I need to show fear of bodily injury. In the past I used the reason that I shoot at a local range in MA after work and that I carried to work (approved) so that I could stop on my way home.

I am trying to feel out if the juice is worth the sqeeze since the wording changed.

Is a expired Class-A no restrict better than a valid Class-A restricted?

View Quote

Imho no, you're definitely better off with a Class-A restricted. At least if anything were to happen it shows you have the intent of being a law abiding citizen and just had to protect yourself. Again, I'm not a lawyer, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]

That prior unrestricted NR LTC will work in your favor to get another unrestricted LTC.

If that was a resident unrestricted LTC, that will work strongly in your favor for continued unrestricted LTCs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top