Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 5:59:19 PM EDT
Getting a trip to Fenway off the bucket list.

I will be coming to Boston on 9/15 to attend the Redsox and Yankees game. I would like to find a hotel within walking distance of Fenway. Any suggestions? I will just be in town the one night. Heading to Bar Harbor the next morning.

TIA
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Really depends on your definition of walking distance - there is a lot of options in Copley Square - about 20 min walk (1.1mi).

I would find a place in Copley.  There is a sheraton, hilton, hyatt, weston.... Lots of great options.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hotel Commonwealth is a 2 minute walk right above the Kenmore T Stop.  There is also Hotel Buckminster right around the corner.  The Eliot Hotel is down the road a bit.  Buckminster is the cheapest of the bunch.  My preference is Commonwealth if I must stay close.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on if you are part of Red Sox Nation. If yes then Copley Square area is good to go. If a Yankee fan then some place on Worcester or further west would do good.

I would go for Copley Square area myself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
There is the T there as well, so you have all those options if you dont mind the little transit ride with smelly people. BTDT, meh green monster something something yay.

I stayed in Brighton at relatives house, it was an easy trip.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually ended up renting a 1 bedroom apartment for the night. It is off miner street. It looks like I could walk to Fenway if I want. I will probably just uber there and back.

Any suggestions where to sit in the stadium or close local place to eat?

TIA for the replies.

Go Red Sox!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually ended up renting a 1 bedroom apartment for the night. It is off miner street. It looks like I could walk to Fenway if I want. I will probably just uber there and back.

TIA for the replies.

Go Red Sox!!
View Quote

Did you already buy your ticket? I'll be at the 9/15 game too. It will be packed...if you haven't gotten tickets and you were planning on buying some scalped ones you may want to get their early and bring a load of cash.

We usually just drinks/food at any of the bars  on Lansdowne St or Brookline Ave such as... Cask n'Flagon, Game On, Yardhouse, Boston Beer Works. Definitely walk, don't bother with an uber.

Right field outfield seats suck, especially around sections 1-7. The viewing angle is all wrong and you'll have to crane your neck to see the infield.  Bleacher seats are fine and cheap(er). Left and right field standing room only is also decent if you get there early.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you already buy your ticket? I'll be at the 9/15 game too. It will be packed...if you haven't gotten tickets and you were planning on buying some scalped ones you may want to get their early and bring a load of cash.

We usually just drinks/food at any of the bars  on Lansdowne St or Brookline Ave such as... Cask n'Flagon, Game On, Yardhouse, Boston Beer Works. Definitely walk, don't bother with an uber.

Right field outfield seats suck, especially around sections 1-7. The viewing angle is all wrong and you'll have to crane your neck to see the infield.  Bleacher seats are fine and cheap(er). Left and right field standing room only is also decent if you get there early.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA for the replies.

Go Red Sox!!

Thanks! I did get right field seating. Section 95. I am really looking forward to the game. This is a bucket list item for me. When I started looking at games, I wanted to go after labor day and saw the Yankees game and thought HELL yes. What a great rivalry. Go Red Sox!! Enjoy the game and thanks for the tip about walking.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks! I did get right field seating. Section 95. I am really looking forward to the game. This is a bucket list item for me. When I started looking at games, I wanted to go after labor day and saw the Yankees game and thought HELL yes. What a great rivalry. Go Red Sox!! Enjoy the game and thanks for the tip about walking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA for the replies.

Go Red Sox!!

enjoy the game. The sections to your right will have worse views. You did ok with seats in section 95.

As usual, all the drinks inside the stadium are super expensive. The bars I mentioned above are fun and will be full of people. Grab a sausage from a street vendor on lansdowne street, walk around, and enjoy the view
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
please tell me you stayed for that hell of an ending
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top