Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2016 10:20:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm short on time right now, but give this a thorough going over in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear

I hate newport but I actually really enjoy south county. Pretty good hunting, fishing, shell fish etc. But im still moving when im done with school. 10 years is long enough.

If you want to at least bring your sbr uppers than build a couple pistol lowers.

Carry permits are shall issue by local PD or may issue from the AG. There was a lawsuit recently thats making it easier.

The range I work at just opened last week and we may be opening a 400 yard range if we can get the approval.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to build a pistol lower setup and throw a 16" on my SBR lower. I'll have to leave my can at my parents but oh well.

Glad to hear a CCW is possible. What I had read was that it was "may" issue.

When I get more concrete answers about my duty station I'll have to look into housing. If it was just me I'd have no problem with a cheap crap apartment, but with a wife and kid(s)... well it looks like I'll be spending all my BAH Is there anywhere close to Newport that is affordable for <$1800/mo?

ETA: I'm an MDay ARNG guy transferring AD USCG, so the whole AD thing is foreign to me if anyone is AD USN or USCG in that area it would be helpful.
View Quote

I live about 20minutes from the base and pay $1100 for a 1br house but we have 3 dogs. while I cant plink out my backdoor I can pop a woodchuck or rabbit in the garden and the neighbors do the same.

Finding a nice place for $1800 shouldnt be a problem if you dont have dogs. With dogs you'll find something.

My last apt was $760 and a house on a farm cost ne $500 and that was 2br and I could shoot everyday. I miss that place.

Ccw has been getting easier. Im qualifying tomorrow actually. Rhode Island really is an island surrounded by ct and ma. Aks, mags, et no problem. Just no nfa.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Im not a huge fan of the hassle the CG put us through  asa commercial lobsterman fwiw. Whats your job? If you deal with fishermen just remember there is very little money in it anymore so every minute you take is money out of their pocket.

Ive had pleasant conversations with them over the last 10 years but they slow us down when we're trying to work. Being a Marine they were cordial and probably sped it up butit still sucks
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Lucky man. I'd love to live in Newport for a few years.

I'm Kinda looking into it
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, live in RI. Only gay gun laws are no nfa.

E.Providence sucks but there are some nice towns nearby.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So, I got some clarification recently. I'll be stationed in E Providence  and splitting time in Cape Cod. I'd love to live half way between on the RI side. Any thoughts?
View Quote
You probably want to live in RI since our gun laws are better.

East Providence is mostly a shithole. Bristol and Barrington are nice. Portsmouth wouldn't be a bad drive up 24.

E.P. to Bourne is about 50 Minutes.  Bourne to Ptown is another 50 minutes.  Where on the Cape are you going to be stationed?

Halfway between E.P. and Bourne is Fall River and New Bedford....both are shitholes.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
The Good news around that area is Tiverton Rod and Gun Club is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looking further at the map, RI is basically ALL providence How it hasn't been split up by MA and CT is beyond me.

Hows the area north of Providence?
View Quote

Ghetto of Pawtucket.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking further at the map, RI is basically ALL providence How it hasn't been split up by MA and CT is beyond me.

Hows the area north of Providence?
View Quote

Lincoln and Cumberland are nice.

Cranston and Warwick are also nice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You'll be right around the corner from my work... let me know when you get settled in and we'll have a HTF meet up somehere!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, I got some clarification recently. I'll be stationed in E Providence  and splitting time in Cape Cod. I'd love to live half way between on the RI side. Any thoughts?

You'll be right around the corner from my work... let me know when you get settled in and we'll have a HTF meet up somehere!

Pine Ridge Shooting Range

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I join?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can I join?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I join?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Can I join?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I join?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol. I have a felling my first 6 months I won't have time for anything other than work and sleep, much less shooting. But I'll keep it in mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I join?

Lol. I have a felling my first 6 months I won't have time for anything other than work and sleep, much less shooting. But I'll keep it in mind.

Don't be a pussy. Lets kill some paper!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I join?

Don't be a pussy. Lets kill some paper!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like your HTF doesn't get together a lot.......
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Portsmouth deffiantely has its nice areas.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Portsmouth deffiantely has its nice areas.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you seen how active this forum is?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very inactive it seems......
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#32]
What's happening?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Do yo guys get together at all to go shooting? Baha'is a good range to shoot at that will rent firearms?  I'm coming up in July of 2017 for a wedding and will be there for 5 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top