Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2015 3:50:43 PM EDT
I'm not sure who spear-headed this, but there is a new texting service for those who want to testify at the statehouse.

As some of you are already aware, the legislators have not been giving very much time between notification of bills being heard and when those bills are heard. I'm not sure if 24hrs or 48hrs is minimum, but we have not been given any time to prepare for these bills which want to strip away our rights.

Anyway ... If anyone would like to be notified, via text alerts, please IM me and I will reply back with the number and what to enter in the text so you can receive these notifications.

I do not want to post the information online so the "others" can get it through an internet search.

I recently talked to a representative of the RI Second Amendment Coalition as well as a representative from the RI Firearm Owner's League. They both assured me that we are going to face a battle unlike which we have ever seen before with regards to our 2nd Amendment rights.

The other side is very well funded, organized and have been preparing for this session's bills.

We will need to do as much as we can (unfortunately more than we have been in the years past) if we want to keep what few rights we have left here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck 'em.
I'm gonna love living in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, considering there wasn't anyone that requested the information I'm going to safely assume that Rhode Islanders on this board either don't care enough to fight for their rights, hope that others continue to fight their battles for them or they're planning on moving to states that currently don't trample on their constitutional rights.

I'm planning on moving back to my home state of Maine as soon as I can, but I know no matter where I go in this once great country it will only be a matter of time before more constitutional rights get stripped away.

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” - Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I signed up for the texting service on Facebook.

Thank you for all of your continued efforts at the State House,
Medic2RN
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry--just catching this now---send me an IM please.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys ... I forgot to check back here and didn't see your requests until now.

The RI 2nd Amendment Coalition's web site now has a direct link where someone can sign up for the text alerts.

The link is http://www.ri2nd.org/# and is located on their home page.

Thanks

eta: Maine won't be for at least another 6 years, raf, so I need to do all I can in the mean time here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
See ya there Raf!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
And I'll see both of you along with hopefully a few others from here at the state house.

I've been thinking about picking up an arfcom polo shirt to testify in, but I don't know if it would be "suitable" or not.

Too bad we don't have an arfcom lapel pin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top