BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
I will try to bring some grillables and my canopy. Seems like there is going to be a lot more shooters than in the past so if you guys have some chairs and tables might be a good idea to bring one. There isn't a ton of covered shooting stations on the line. I think 4-5?

I am taking my car down for repair tomorrow but should have access to the wife mobile. I'll look into a folding table.

I am bringing a 10x10 canopy as well
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:00:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wesmerc] [#2]
double tap.  Just cleaned all my AK's and got some steel (rimfire) targets ready

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple of Easy Ups and folding tables too...

Might have to bring the truck at this point... Don't think I can fit everything in the Subaru.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Wes -

How many Shepherds hooks do you have?  I have a 30lb steel target to hang but it will require two hooks to hold it.  

My bro is in town, so I am dragging him out - not a gun guy but he will after this

-Jeff
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strudle54:
Hey Wes -

How many Shepherds hooks do you have?  I have a 30lb steel target to hang but it will require two hooks to hold it.  

My bro is in town, so I am dragging him out - not a gun guy but he will after this

-Jeff
View Quote

I don't have any more.  I am always on the lookout for them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#6]
What time are you guys planning to get there? Looks like the drive will take me well over an hour, plus I typically sleep late, so I'm wondering when to set my alarm for.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Marcus99:
What time are you guys planning to get there? Looks like the drive will take me well over an hour, plus I typically sleep late, so I'm wondering when to set my alarm for.
View Quote

I second a request for time...  i'm coming from Saratoga, NY so i'm a long ways off...  but the lure of firing a pistol for the first time (and some father-son time) makes the drive worth it!

.45 should be here today!  Woohoo!

Iggy
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we started at 10 last year?  Fury_58 will know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Weather.com is showing 60% chance of reain with "the potential for severe thunderstorms" .
If the forecast doesn't improve, I am gonna bail due to the fact that I have a 5-6 hour trip each way
and I don't want a long road trip in nasty weather....
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EdB:
Weather.com is showing 60% chance of reain with "the potential for severe thunderstorms" .
If the forecast doesn't improve, I am gonna bail due to the fact that I have a 5-6 hour trip each way
View Quote

Yuk... only 3 hour drive one way for me, but with an 11 year old...

And Sunday looks superb....  
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wesmerc:

I think we started at 10 last year?  Fury_58 will know.
View Quote

It was ~10:00.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

That sucks, but I don't blame you. Whenever heat like this breaks, it's typically in a nasty storm. One thing you can count on, whatever day we plan, it will rain.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's wait till the more accurate hourly forecasts come out tomorrow.  I really want people to make it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I wouldn't blame you, since you are so far away.  I will say this though, we've been having some freakish weather and the forecast has been useless lately.  I've seen more days than I dare count where it was a good chance of showers or thunderstorms and it ends up being blue sky the entire day.  

I do hope that weather ends up nice, especially if you decide to make the trip!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Hope the weather is nice. would really like to meet you guys.
I have a couple small steel targets that I am going to bring. Need to find a way to re-enforce the shepard hooks though. They didn't hold up well to sighting in an AR.
I'll be bringing my 45's, my AR and probably my M1. I am a bit low on ammo so I won't be going crazy but am looking forward to a good time.

Hope to see everyone there.
Darkhorse
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Weather channel says scattered t storms chance of precipitation 60 %.  Doesn't sound too bad so far.  I will be there rain or shine of course
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Weather channel says scattered t storms chance of precipitation 60 %.  Doesn't sound too bad so far.  I will be there rain or shine of course
View Quote

I think I saw a video of last years VT shoot but...are the shooting bays at the Thetford range under an awning/roof?
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#18]

I think I saw a video of last years VT shoot but...are the shooting bays at the Thetford range under an awning/roof?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

yes but there are only like 4-5 spots

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By darkhorse1972:
I have a couple small steel targets that I am going to bring. Need to find a way to re-enforce the shepard hooks though. They didn't hold up well to sighting in an AR.
I'll be bringing my 45's, my AR and probably my M1. I am a bit low on ammo so I won't be going crazy but am looking forward to a good time.

Darkhorse
View Quote

M1 Carbine or Garand?  I have .30 for a carbine i'll bring.

I'm high on ammo... :)  mY 400 rounds of .45 arrived today, so i should have that and about 800 9mm.  Plus if the .40 makes it i can trade for that to share and shoot.  And at least 3000 .22lr.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:28:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#20]

View All Quotes

How much covered standing room is there behind the bays? Nothing wrong with taking turns, it's not like 12-15 arfcommers can bring enough ammo and maintain continuous fire for hours...or can they
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#21]

How much covered standing room is there behind the bays? Nothing wrong with taking turns, it's not like 12-15 arfcommers can bring enough ammo and maintain continuous fire for hours...or can they
View All Quotes

not enough it is cramped. I am bringing my easy up tent and chair. Probably a table of some sort if I can find one.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

I'm high on ammo... :)  mY 400 rounds of .45 arrived today, so i should have that and about 800 9mm.  Plus if the .40 makes it i can trade for that to share and shoot.  And at least 3000 .22lr.
View All Quotes

Darkhorse

My M1 is a Garand. It fires 30-06 and I have some but not a lot. I thought I would bring it in case someone had not had a chance to fire one.
I have a couple other hand guns that I am considering as well. Hope to see you there iggy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I am bringing a 10'x10' canopy as well
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#24]

My M1 is a Garand. It fires 30-06 and I have some but not a lot. I thought I would bring it in case someone had not had a chance to fire one.
I have a couple other hand guns that I am considering as well. Hope to see you there iggy.
View All Quotes

Darkhorse

AS of right now, my son and I will be there.  Unless the weather looks dangerous to drive in back and forth, i'm headed out...  a little rain won't kill me, i'm waterproof, and i can swim... :)

I'll see if i can dig up some 30-06.  Seems like a round that might be in stock at some places.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#25]

AS of right now, my son and I will be there.  Unless the weather looks dangerous to drive in back and forth, i'm headed out...  a little rain won't kill me, i'm waterproof, and i can swim... :)

I'll see if i can dig up some 30-06.  Seems like a round that might be in stock at some places.
View All Quotes

Darkhorse

You can't use just any ole ammo in a Garand.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

View All Quotes

Darkhorse

That is true and I sent him a message this morning letting him know that.
I hope he gets it before he shops for some.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks like the highest chance of rain is around 2-3pm tomorrow.  If we start shooting at 10 and grill at noon we should still have a good amount of time even if that afternoon storm shuts us down.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
How early can we show up?  I'd like to get there a little early this time.  Last year I showed up after everybody was already set up and havin' fun.    
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogerBall] [#29]

View All Quotes
Saturday July 20th- Range reserved starting at 0930

Thetford, VT Shooting Range

Map

I will be bringing a Grill to cook afterwards or during.
I will be setting up some kind of rim-fire challenge type stage (prizes?)

STUFF NEEDED:
Hot Dogs- WesMerc
HDBuns-Jus228
Water-WesMerc
Soda-EdB
Condiments-WesMerc
Other-theskuh

Who is coming?:
WesMerc
Fury_58
Strudle54
Jus228
raysheen?
theskuh(probably)
EdB
mag162
Marcus99
1969iggy and son (probably)
JCoop +1 (probably)
darkhorse1972
zombievt
VTdefender

I am definately in, rain or shine this year.

ETA: I'll bring the FAL again, an AR, a shotgun project i've been working on that i am sure will turn some heads, and a bunch of pistols.  Do we need anything else? paper plates?  trash bags?  etc?  Let me know, i'll pick it up on my way through Keene.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#30]
It's been so long I forgot to look at page 1...  9:30am it is.  

I'm all packed!  Just gotta get up in the AM and load the guns in carry cases.  It's gonna be an awesome day.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Storm just went through and ripped the electrical service partially off my house. Sent my wife to her moms with the kids. I still am planning on attending but this is screwed up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Was able to borrow 2 tables and 4 chairs from work for a minimum of 4 more shooting positions
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Storm just went through and ripped the electrical service partially off my house. Sent my wife to her moms with the kids. I still am planning on attending but this is screwed up.

View Quote

You can get a new house on Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969iggy] [#34]
I got the message... didn't have a chance to get more ammo, but i am bringing about 4000 22lr  /1000 7.62x39 /840 5.56 / 600 9mm / 400 .45 / 200 .30 cal for carbine / 440 7.62x54R milsurp
and a few shotgun shells...

For rifles a 9mm Feather, crappy SKS, Scoped Marlin 7000-T, a Ruger 10/22 with tech sights, a AR lower and  a .22 upper and  a 5.56 upper plus a Remmy 870 that has never been shot (a couple of these have never been shot by me...)

I will get the boy up early and get on the road, but even still. i'm likely to be later than most...

Iggy

I'll try to grab some drinks on the way out... as for food we may just snack and hit a place on the way home with the weather being less than friendly...
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#35]

I got the message... didn't have a chance to get more ammo, but i am bringing about 4000 22lr  /1000 7.62x39 /840 5.56 / 600 9mm / 400 .45 / 200 .30 cal for carbine / 440 7.62x54R milsurp

and a few shotgun shells...

Iggy

View Quote

I love you

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Yes, yes I can. Might be a bit late but i will make it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#37]
nevermind

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys, I'm not going to be able to make this. I got told I'm headed to Michigan for work a week from Monday. I've got a bunch of house project I need to wrap up before I go,,, Sucks...
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
All my shit is packed up and ready to go. I need to get my sleep schedule back on track so I'm going to take this opportunity to force myself to wake up early; I should be there by 9:30. See y'all tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Im sorry guys but I'm out...
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll be there @~10:00

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm headed out in a couple minutes.  Looks like a short storm around 2pm.  Look forward to seeing everyone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#43]
leaving now be there in a couple

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks to everyone for coming.  Great weather, cool guns and halfway decent people. I took a couple pics and short videos.  Will try to take more next year.  theskuh's pics will impress no doubt
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#45]
That was a very fun day on the range.  Wish we could do it more often.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks again to everyone...  I know a bunch of you put in a lot of effort, and we both truly appreciate it.

Troy and I had a blast.  Looking forward to the next time we can meet up!

If you took pictures, PM me and i'll get you an email address...  I'd love to get a few!

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Thanks to everyone for coming.  Great weather, cool guns and halfway decent people. I took a couple pics and short videos.  Will try to take more next year.  theskuh's pics will impress no doubt
View Quote

C'mon, man, you're selling us short. We were all the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#48]

C'mon, man, you're selling us short. We were all the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

View All Quotes

check your sarcasm meter
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks again to everyone...  I know a bunch of you put in a lot of effort, and we both truly appreciate it.

Troy and I had a blast.  Looking forward to the next time we can meet up!

If you took pictures, PM me and i'll get you an email address...  I'd love to get a few!

View Quote

That kid is ruined.

He's been inoculated against any gungrabber propaganda.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you Wesmerc.  It's good to come up and see friends.  And we got lucky with the weather.
One thing to come out of this event was that i was told i looked like a homeless dude over from the bus stop.

can't wait to see the pix.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top