Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I would be very interested! We can't go on july 20th but as long as we are free for the next one we would love to attend!

Anyone know when the next shoot would be this summer? What are the costs?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 03Springfield:
I am interested.  

I currently live in Washington State but am applying for accounting positions in the Burlington - Williston area.  If things work out and we move, I would really like to meet local Arfcommers.

I agree, it would be nice to meet some local ARFcommers. Although I recently created an account I've been a lerker for many years... excited to see that New England finally broke up into individual states.

Hopefully there are more events like this in the future, it'd be a blast.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MolonLabe13:
My wife and I would be very interested! We can't go on july 20th but as long as we are free for the next one we would love to attend!

Anyone know when the next shoot would be this summer? What are the costs?

Thanks!

It's FREE!  We usually just have one a year though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, that's no good at all. Maybe next year then.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#5]
Anyone have an AK underfolder in 7.62 (or any AK - 7.62 or 5.45) they are bringing? I have a feeling my next purchase(*edit) may be an underfolder in 7.62 as I've been wanting one real bad for a while and need to learn more about them, plus I have some 7.62/5.45 from last years NH shoot that I'd like to use up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Marcus99:
Anyone have an AK underfolder in 7.62 (or any AK - 7.62 or 5.45) they are bringing? I have a feeling my next purpose may be an underfolder in 7.62 as I've been wanting one real bad for a while and need to learn more about them, plus I have some 7.62/5.45 from last years NH shoot that I'd like to use up.

Ill probably bring an AK but not an under folder
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to swing down there for an afternoon.

Last one I went to was morrisville.
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 6:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogerBall] [#8]
Originally Posted By wesmerc:
Anyone have an AK underfolder in 7.62 (or any AK - 7.62 or 5.45) they are bringing? I have a feeling my next purpose may be an underfolder in 7.62 as I've been wanting one real bad for a while and need to learn more about them, plus I have some 7.62/5.45 from last years NH shoot that I'd like to use up.

Ill probably bring an AK but not an under folder

Mine is a Bulgy 5.45.  I was gonna' bring that.
ETA: also not a folder.  sorry.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll bring a couple sidefolders. I don't have my underfolders anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VTDefender:
I'll bring a couple sidefolders. I don't have my underfolders anymore.

Nice, are they Tantals? I've heard sidefolders have less wobble than an underfolder. Never shot one so I'd be interested in trying them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a Romanian side folder on mine. Locks up tight.

I'll likely bring my Saiga-12, if anybody wants to try one out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I might have to stop by if I can make it up to VT that weekend.

Hope you all don't mind a flat lander coming up to have some fun.
If I do make it I'll be sure to bring beverages of some sort.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bloodshot57:

I can't speak for anyone else but I can tolerate a masshole that likes guns.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Jus228:

I agree. I even have friends that are mASSholes. And that's their word, not mine!

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JCoop:

I agree. I even have friends that are mASSholes. And that's their word, not mine!

I'll have to be careful not to tell anyone my user name or where I'm from then and see if you folks can sniff me out
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]

I'll have to be careful not to tell anyone my user name or where I'm from then and see if you folks can sniff me out

Are you a life-long or long term eastern Mass resident? Do you "pahk yer cah in hahvad yahd"?

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Are you a life-long or long term eastern Mass resident? Do you "pahk yer cah in hahvad yahd"?

Yea I pahk my cah at hahvid yahd every monnin, weah tha f*hk do ya think i put my f*hkinn cah kedd?

Actually, I'm near Woohstah so I don't really do the accent thing. But it can't be as bad as Vermont mumble speak
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Wes:

You can put me down for a case or 2 of soda - I'm sure Mark will help me out with that. I will also bring up some targets
that I recycled from political campaigns and going out of business lawn signs that will make good improvised targets.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]

That ought to be pretty difficult... Whoever shows up with MA plates on their car....

Other than that, I'm sure you talk funny.  LOL  
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EdB:
Wes:

You can put me down for a case or 2 of soda - I'm sure Mark will help me out with that. I will also bring up some targets
that I recycled from political campaigns and going out of business lawn signs that will make good improvised targets.

great thanks man
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#21]
You can put me down for a bulk pack of .22lr for  a prize for the .22 shoot.

I'll also bring some beverages and something to put on the grill... not sure what, but if you don't like it, i'll eat more...  

I'll be bringing ammo to shoot, 5.56/7.62x39/.22lr and 9mm

Maybe x54r if i can get the damn crate open...

If anyone has something that shoots other calibers let me know and i'll see if i can hunt down some more ammo.  I want to shoot as many different guns as i can, and have no problem paying for ammo. It's a lot cheaper than paying taxes in NY.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
Maybe x54r if i can get the damn crate open...

I'm bringing one of my Mosins.. Not sure whether it'll be the 91/30 or the M44 carbine.. Maybe both.  I'll never wear them out by myself.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll bring my bubba-ed SVT
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I can bring some bottled water
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Any requests for ammo?  I'm going to bring far more than i plan to shoot, but if i don't have something and you need it, i can keep an eye out...
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be stuck in CT for training for two weeks at the end of July.  Second year in a row I'm missing this!
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody getting excited yet?
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By westford86:
I'll be stuck in CT for training for two weeks at the end of July.  Second year in a row I'm missing this!

boo
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Heck yeah!  I hope it's not too rainy, not too hot, not too....  well i want perfect weather basically...  :)

Partly cloudy with a chance of a hail of bullets...  :)
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Wish it was any other weekend but that one. Oh well, maybe next year.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]

I am really looking forward to this. I haven't been able to make any of the other ones.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Would anyone be interested in having an informal AR15 benchrest match? Since last summer I've really gotten into punching little groups at 100yds with my scoped AR. If so I'll bring my rest/bag/spotting scope.

Also, wesmerc, do you think we'll be able to pick up our brass? That will determine if I bring steel cased junk, M193 or my benchrest reloads.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Would anyone be interested in having an informal AR15 benchrest match? Since last summer I've really gotten into punching little groups at 100yds with my scoped AR. If so I'll bring my rest/bag/spotting scope.

Also, wesmerc, do you think we'll be able to pick up our brass? That will determine if I bring steel cased junk, M193 or my benchrest reloads.

You can pick up your brass. That much less to sweep up.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#34]
If it's well cared for brass that you've put some quality prep into, you might want to use a brass catcher.  I imagine there will be a fair amount of 5.56 brass on the ground all at once and it won't all be yours.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#35]
If people are bringing pistols i can shoot, please let me know what other calibers i need to bring... i have 9mm for my carbine, but other than that.... not so much...

I'll be bringing a case of 7.62 x 39 TulAmmo for my SKS
A tin of 440 7.62x39 and a Mosin if i can get it ready in time.
Two 420 ammo cans of 5.56 for my AR
Lots of .22lr for my 10-22 and Marlin 7000T
800 rounds of 9mm for my Feather.

Also, if you have any cool non-ny legal rifles i can shoot, let me know what caliber i need.... i'll bring extra if i can get it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wesmerc] [#36]
If people are bringing pistols i can shoot, please let me know what other calibers i need to bring... i have 9mm for my carbine, but other than that.... not so much...

Also, if you have any cool non-ny legal rifles i can shoot, let me know what caliber i need.... i'll bring extra if i can get it.

.45 acp 1911
9mm Glock 17
.22lr Walther P22
.38 special 642
I also have a 1895 nagant in 7.62x38r
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I have 2 boxes of .40 that i dont have a gun for if anyone needs it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
I have 2 boxes of .40 that i dont have a gun for if anyone needs it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Bring it and i'll trade you for it as long as someone has a pistol i can shoot it with!
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 12:38:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#39]

I'll be bringing my Dan Wesson 1911 (.45), and my Beretta 92 (9mm) that I've made some modifications to that I think really change how it feels compared to stock. As long as your ammo isn't reloads or steel/aluminum cased you're welcome to shoot it in my guns. Those, in addition to my AR's and maybe my 10/22 if I can fit everything in my trunk.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#40]

I'll be bringing my Dan Wesson 1911 (.45), and my Beretta 92 (9mm) that I've made some modifications to that I think really change how it feels compared to stock. As long as your ammo isn't reloads or steel/aluminum cased you're welcome to shoot it in my guns. Those, in addition to my AR's and maybe my 10/22 if I can fit everything in my trunk.

All new ammo.... only the 7.62 is steel cased.  Everything else is brass.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 12:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#41]

Then by all means have at it. If you are looking to try something specific shoot me a PM with what youre interested in as I have a lot of other pistols and theyre alot easier to bring than rifles.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Then by all means have at it. If you are looking to try something specific shoot me a PM with what youre interested in as I have a lot of other pistols and theyre alot easier to bring than rifles.

:)

This trip i will focus on pistols i've never shot before, which is ALL of them...  

I just ordered some .45 so i am hoping it shows up in time...  I'll swing by a couple of stores too and see if i can grab some.

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Iggy, i can bring a few just so you can have fun with different makes/models and see what you like.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 7:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: darkhorse1972] [#44]

I'd be interested. I have a little 4x on mine. I'm not driving nails but would love to do a frendly match.

darkhorse
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll bring all three of my 9mm pistols and probably my little xds .45acp.

Less than a week fellas!  Who thinks it'll rain like it did last year?  Haha..  I'll take it over the heat we're experiencing now though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Tomorrow is my prep day.  I am going to clean guns, paint targets and stage everything I am bringing.  I will be providing hot dogs and ice water.  EdB said he's bring some drink I think.  Bring whatever other food you want.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 11:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wesmerc] [#47]
Saturday July 20th- Range reserved starting at 0930

Thetford, VT Shooting Range

Map

I will be bringing a Grill to cook afterwards or during.
I will be setting up some kind of rim-fire challenge type stage (prizes?)

STUFF NEEDED:
Hot Dogs- WesMerc
HDBuns-Jus228
Water-WesMerc
Soda-EdB
Condiments-WesMerc
Other-theskuh

Who is coming?:
WesMerc
Fury_58
Strudle54
Jus228
raysheen?
theskuh(probably)
EdB
mag162
Marcus99
1969iggy and son (probably)
JCoop +1 (probably)
darkhorse1972
zombievt
VTdefender

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#48]
I will try to bring some grillables and my canopy. Seems like there is going to be a lot more shooters than in the past so if you guys have some chairs and tables might be a good idea to bring one. There isn't a ton of covered shooting stations on the line. I think 4-5?

I am taking my car down for repair tomorrow but should have access to the wife mobile. I'll look into a folding table.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Tomorrow is my prep day.  I am going to clean guns, paint targets and stage everything I am bringing.  I will be providing hot dogs and ice water.  EdB said he's bring some drink I think.  Bring whatever other food you want.

Put me down for hot dog buns.  I'm broke but I can afford those, plus I love hot dogs.    
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Put me down for hot dog buns.  I'm broke but I can afford those, plus I love hot dogs.    

Thanks man.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top