Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 11:33:46 AM EDT
I tried contacting the congressmen up here in Maine to find out if they support the HPA and to encourage them to do so. Only one I've received a reply back from was Bruce Poliquin and he pretty much said no.

Contact your reps and tell them to get on board, it'd be great if it were to pass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent out one of the NRA generic emails to the local overlords. Heard nothing back from any of them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent out one of the NRA generic emails to the local overlords. Heard nothing back from any of them.
View Quote

Yup me too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It's amazing that you can't even get a response from these people. We had some real turds in office in Arizona but they'd at least respond to people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I got this email from Angus King's office a few days ago. To say that I was surprised was an understatement.

Dear mattjedi,

I recognize that many gun owners utilize suppressors as a means to protect their hearing and improve accuracy through reduced recoil when hunting or recreational shooting, and I appreciate knowing of your interest in regulating suppressors under the same process as commercial firearms, as the Hearing Protection Act, S. 59, would do.

I understand the reason for including suppressors under the National Firearms Act (NFA) when it was passed in 1934, however, these regulations have not kept pace with the modern uses of suppressors and have not been changed since they were introduced. As you are likely aware, along with regulations and the understaffing of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), wait times on obtaining a suppressor can be up to or even exceed nine months. I believe a better solution would be to treat suppressors the same as commercially available firearms, as S. 59 would do, and should the bill come before the full Senate, I am inclined to support it in its current form. Thank you for your message, I appreciate knowing how strongly you feel about this issue; please be in touch if I may be of service in the future.

Best Regards,

ANGUS S. KING, JR.
United States Senator
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I also got that letter from Senator King - he takes a reasonable position on this and has a good understanding of the issue.

Unfortunately, as of last year, he is still not on board for National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.

Hopefully that will change with the national growth of permit holders to 15+ million (and significant cross state border travel).
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I received the same thing from King.

HOWEVER, several months before, I had received a response from him that said he had concerns about it, etc, etc. I don't trust that guy not to flip flop like he's done on several other issues.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
How interesting that an independent senator who caucuses with the Dems says he supports the HPA and the GOP rep flat out doesn't..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top