Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2016 11:44:23 PM EDT
Last week we departed for zone 4 and the beginning of our moose hunt.We arrived at Ross lake and the next morning we get out at 4:45 am.We had opportunities but didn't score a bull.Next day was different,at 7:45 a big bull ambles up behind us while the guide is calling.He turns and we shoot.Moose drops 30 yards awayHe was about 30 feet when we shot.That was close enough for me.

After the guide field dresses and loads the bull in his truck we are off,once at the tagging station he weighs in at 898 pounds and has a 45 inch rack.Got home yesterday and piled up lots of moose meat into the freezer.
I first put in for the moose lottery 27 years ago,now I finally have my moose tag filled,it feels good.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rack on that bad boy!!

What are ya having mounted?? Just the rack or the whole head??

bon appatite!
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking rack on that bad boy!!
What are ya having mounted?? Just the rack or the whole head??
bon appatite!
View Quote

Rack mount,a full mount would take up more room on my wall that I can find(or my wife will let me have is more accurate)
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on a successful Maine Moose hunt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top