Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 7:05:10 PM EDT
So this is finally the year I get to hunt a moose,first applied in 1989.27 years later I'm planning my hunt.Life is good.
Can any of you recommend a good reputable butcher in the north country to handle my moose?Also anyone to avoid.
I have looked at a few and I like what I hear about Blackwater outfitters,although its not a lock yet.I still would to continue the search and get any feedback you gents may have.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be in the north woods of maine,Ashland is somewhat nearby but nothing is truly off the map seeing as how everything is a long drive from everything.I have my truck and will go where I have to.
Reading up on some comments people put on the web is sobering.Some stories,if true, are scary.The more homework I do the better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I had mine done as Folsom's in Monticello.  Wicked good job, but he's super busy.  Nice facility.  

My cousin Dan used to do game cutting - not sure if he still does.  He's the Meat department manager at the IGA in Presque Isle and Fort Fairfield.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll be in the north woods of maine,Ashland is somewhat nearby but nothing is truly off the map seeing as how everything is a long drive from everything.I have my truck and will go where I have to.

Reading up on some comments people put on the web is sobering.Some stories,if true, are scary.The more homework I do the better.
View Quote

Have a plan, but have a backup plan that is close to where you'll be. The last time I got my permit, it was 60F when I pulled the trigger and 81F (and buggy as hell) by the time I got it to my truck. Ice did not last long at all. 3 truck beds full of ice later, I pulled into my driveway.

Also, try to buy up tons of those freezable cooler packs, they are much better to put inside the animal than ice, they don't melt and run out. That was my saving grace that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top