Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2017 4:05:40 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm interested in getting a lower for a new build.  You guys know anywhere that sells lowers, like maybe a Spikes Blem or something?  My LGS doesn't sell them and if I buy one online I'll be spending an extra $15 for NICs and up to $75 for transfer.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont know where youre located, but I've seen them in Cheyenne mountain in Bordentown. I dont remember the brands/prices but I remember they werent priced outrageously.
I've heard of someone out by Stewartsville/Clinton area selling Andersons a while back cheap. Cant recall the name though. Getting old I guess.
I know theyre plentiful. Others will chime in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont know where youre located, but I've seen them in Cheyenne mountain in Bordentown. I dont remember the brands/prices but I remember they werent priced outrageously.
I've heard of someone out by Stewartsville/Clinton area selling Andersons a while back cheap. Cant recall the name though. Getting old I guess.
I know theyre plentiful. Others will chime in.
View Quote
Thanks, I might call Cheyenne.  I've been there and bought a M&P from them several years ago.  it's about an hour away but could be worth the road trip!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen stripped lowers before in both Middlebrook Firearms (Green Brook) and Heritage Guild (in both Rahway and Branchburg).  Give them a call, too.  If I remember, Rahway's a little closer to you.  DEFINITELY call first, to make sure they're open  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've seen stripped lowers before in both Middlebrook Firearms (Green Brook) and Heritage Guild (in both Rahway and Branchburg).  Give them a call, too.  If I remember, Rahway's a little closer to you.  DEFINITELY call first, to make sure they're open  
View Quote
haha, yeah I learn eventually - always the hard way!  Rahway is pretty close, I'll give them a shout for sure.  Thanks Tom.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
There's an LGS near me that carries Stag lowers and Anderson lowers. He wants $225 for a Stag and $100 for an Anderson.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's an LGS near me that carries Stag lowers and Anderson lowers. He wants $225 for a Stag and $100 for an Anderson.
View Quote
$225 for a Stag lower!?  wow.  please tell me it's a complete lower...jeez.  Full disclosure, I own a Stag 2T and like it but that seems way high.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I was in RTSP in Randolph, they had quite a few, different manufacturers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$225 for a Stag lower!?  wow.  please tell me it's a complete lower...jeez.  Full disclosure, I own a Stag 2T and like it but that seems way high.
View Quote
$225 for a STRIPPED Stag lower and $100 for a STRIPPED Anderson lower.

Same store gets incredibly butthurt if you have something shipped to him because you bought it offline instead of him. True story, I had asked him to find me an Ares SCR Monte Carlo lower over a year ago. I never heard anything from him so I went online and bought one myself and had it sent to him. I went in to pick it up and he complained that I didn't buy it from him; I had to point out that he was asked to get one for me but failed for over a year and I got tired of waiting and did it myself. Fucker charged me $60 to transfer it plus $18 for the NICs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This may sound trollish but why are you gents using this store? I understand supportive of locals , etc., etc., but when you have several examples of outright hosing, why?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$225 for a Stag lower!? wow. please tell me it's a complete lower...jeez. Full disclosure, I own a Stag 2T and like it but that seems way high.
$225 for a STRIPPED Stag lower and $100 for a STRIPPED Anderson lower.

Same store gets incredibly butthurt if you have something shipped to him because you bought it offline instead of him. True story, I had asked him to find me an Ares SCR Monte Carlo lower over a year ago. I never heard anything from him so I went online and bought one myself and had it sent to him. I went in to pick it up and he complained that I didn't buy it from him; I had to point out that he was asked to get one for me but failed for over a year and I got tired of waiting and did it myself. Fucker charged me $60 to transfer it plus $18 for the NICs.
This may sound trollish but why are you gents using this store? I understand supportive of locals , etc., etc., but when you have several examples of outright hosing, why?  
I have not used him in probably a year aside for the occasional transfer because it's on file with the site I'm using.

I used to buy a lot of stuff from him but got tired of his shit. I usually use a different LGS now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Primary Arms has Anderson lowers on sale for $30 right now
http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3

Where in NJ are you? Use this sheet and find the best FFL near you
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1190wvI9VExo7DG188tvwk3M8PpgTBxPg02bhun2_-GQ/edit#gid=0
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My guy charges $25 for a transfer plus NICS, $75. is outrageous
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My guy charges $25 for a transfer plus NICS, $75. is outrageous
View Quote
Wow! The guy I used to use was the opposite. He was $18 for NICS and charged whatever the fuck he wanted depending on his mood for transfers. Most of the time his transfer fees were $60 but I've seen him charge $100.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Primary Arms has Anderson lowers on sale for $30 right now
http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3

Where in NJ are you? Use this sheet and find the best FFL near you
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1190wvI9VExo7DG188tvwk3M8PpgTBxPg02bhun2_-GQ/edit#gid=0
View Quote
Oh cool, thanks for the sheet that'll be helpful for sure.  Cheyenne has some Spikes Spartan's in stock for $115, I might go that route.  I love the Anderson prices but just don't love the roll mark picture.  I know I know, it doesn't impact the gun's performance but I like my stuff to look a certain way and I like the spartan mark for whatever reason.  Heck, I'd consider one of the arfcom ones because i like the bolt logo among other features, just don't love the URL on it.

As for some of the posts about using shitty FFLs, sometimes its a matter of convenience I'd say.  I try to avoid places that aren't doing the right thing but sometimes doing otherwise means driving quite a ways and paying tolls and all that.  Money isn't really the object for me, it's more about my time which is valuable.  It's just rough around here.  I'm close to the city so places around here don't even do transfers in some cases!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in Shooters in Tuckerton today and they had several different flavors of lowers in stock. I didn't pay attention to specific brands and prices
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#16]
if your near them check out howell gun works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top