Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 10:44:59 AM EDT
Lowest quotes I've been getting are basically $100.  that seems to be whether I go through Fedex/UPS or through one of my close FFLs (RTSP).  Anyone know of a place that isn't so damn expensive just to ship a gun??
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the receiving FFL require that the shipment come from another FFL?  What's precluding you from shipping it yourself?  Long gun or hand gun?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the receiving FFL require that the shipment come from another FFL?  What's precluding you from shipping it yourself?  Long gun or hand gun?
View Quote
Hey Tom how's things?  I'm the guy that tried to go shooting a couple different ranges that one time with you and everything was closed!

It's a handgun.  Nothing stopping me from shipping it myself except cost.  FedEx quoted me like $110 from here to IL PLUS I have to drive it to a specific service center (Newark is my closest to me, yikes) to drop it off.  I know guys that spend $25 to ship stuff through their FFLs.  I've called 4 places so far and they either don't even do it, or they want $75 just to handle it, plus shipping costs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
check out  middlebrook firearms, their home page has the rates for a FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Sparrer.  I'm actually going to use Buds gun Shop service for shipping.  Came out to $44 total, including fully insuring the gun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure how far you are from Highland Lakes but you can try Mastadon Ammo and Camo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Tom how's things?  I'm the guy that tried to go shooting a couple different ranges that one time with you and everything was closed!
View Quote
Yeah - the stars were definitely aligned against us that day!  I still feel bad about that.

Sounds like you found the best method through Bud's.  It's amazing how much $$$ most people want for 3 minutes worth of paperwork, and a $7.95 flat rate Priority Mail box, ain't it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah - the stars were definitely aligned against us that day!  I still feel bad about that.

Sounds like you found the best method through Bud's.  It's amazing how much $$ most people want for 3 minutes worth of paperwork, and a $7.95 flat rate Priority Mail box, ain't it?
View Quote
Agreed, seems like other regions are more reasonable for the effort but not around here.  I was pretty happy with the bud's service all things considered.  They were helpful by phone and it took some of the awkwardness out of the discussion with the carriers.

And all good on the shooting day, we tried man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top