Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 7:35:55 AM EDT
I got a flyer in the mail yesterday from Jack Ciattarelli who is running for governor. What do we know about him? Is he a good candidate? I've never heard of him or anything about him but the little flyer I got stated he supports the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment and it also said that he's going to work on changing the terrible firearms laws in this state and make a push for concealed carry for everyone.

I'm trying to dig up more on this guy but there's not much info out there that I can find.

I see he has a B+ from the NRA as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
found this link

https://votesmart.org/candidate/90926/jack-ciattarelli?categoryId=37&type=V,S,R,E,F,P,E#.WRYEbJgm7IU

Jack Ciattarelli's Political Summary on Issue: Guns

06/16/2016

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 3689 - Requires Justifiable Need for Firearm Permits

05/04/2015

Rating:

Jack Ciattarelli was rated 71% by National Rifle Association (Candidate Positions on Gun Rights)

09/15/2014

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Yea (Passage) - A 2895 - Establishes a Statewide Firearm Buyback Program

05/22/2014

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Concurrence Vote) - A 2006 - Reduces the Maximum Capacity of Ammunition Magazines

03/20/2014

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 2777 - Amends Firearm Transportation Laws

03/10/2014

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli Co-sponsored - A 2895 - Establishes a Statewide Firearm Buyback Program

06/24/2013

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage With Amendment) - S 2723 - Amends Firearms Identification Card Requirements

05/20/2013

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli did not vote - A 3796 - Requires an Individual to Dispose of Unauthorized Firearms Within a Certain Time Period

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli did not vote - A 3797 - Requires Certain Firearm Information to be Collected and Reported

02/21/2013

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 1329 - Reduces Firearm Magazine Capacity

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 3659 - Amends the Definition of Destructive Devices

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 3748 - Requires Background Checks Prior to the Purchase of Firearms

Vote:

Jack Ciattarelli voted Nay (Passage) - A 3796 - Requires an Individual to Dispose of Unauthorized Firearms Within a Certain Time Period
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Just as I thought. He's a cuck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
What leads you to that conclusion?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
As a nj repub, he's really not bad hes prob a little more 2nd friendly than crispy was.

I am leaning towards him over the chick, just cause Christie todd flashbacks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the stuff he's voted for doesn't strike me as very gun friendly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some of the stuff he's voted for doesn't strike me as very gun friendly.
View Quote
The buyback program?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The buyback program?
View Quote
Yeah.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah.
View Quote
So, he votes 'no' on everything else...  puts in one 'yes' vote for what really amounts to nothing at all, and he's a cuckold to you.

And this is exactly why we end up with the elected officials we get.  Because if someone's not the "perfect" candidate, people on our side won't get involved, won't vote for him/her, and are content to simply sit back, watch the whole place go to shit, smile smugly to themselves, and say, "See?  I told you so".  How we ever wound up with Christie over Corzine is still a mystery to me - exception to the rule, I guess.

The truth is, Jack Ciatterelli is the absolute best practical hope for NJ gun owners - and he doesn't stand a chance, due in no small part to this exact attitude.  Is he Chuck Heston re-incarnated?  Of course not.  Is he one tenth as bad as Murphy?  Not even close.

Enjoy Tennessee, Nick.  I hope it works out for the best for you (truly - I do).  Just be careful...  they have democrats down there, too  
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, he votes 'no' on everything else...  puts in one 'yes' vote for what really amounts to nothing at all, and he's a cuckold to you.

And this is exactly why we end up with the elected officials we get.  Because if someone's not the "perfect" candidate, people on our side won't get involved, won't vote for him/her, and are content to simply sit back, watch the whole place go to shit, smile smugly to themselves, and say, "See?  I told you so".  How we ever wound up with Christie over Corzine is still a mystery to me - exception to the rule, I guess.

The truth is, Jack Ciatterelli is the absolute best practical hope for NJ gun owners - and he doesn't stand a chance, due in no small part to this exact attitude.  Is he Chuck Heston re-incarnated?  Of course not.  Is he one tenth as bad as Murphy?  Not even close.

Enjoy Tennessee, Nick.  I hope it works out for the best for you (truly - I do).  Just be careful...  they have democrats down there, too  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah.

Damn. Sorry. Didn't mean to piss you off, Tom. I admitted I didn't know enough about his politics that's why I started the thread. Again, sorry if I stick a chord I won't post in the thread again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The lesser of two evils. So typically NJ !!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I plan to vote for Cittarelli.
We just had a town hall Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Did no one except me and Intercooler vote yesterday?

Seems we're fucked. I voted for Cittarelli. When I walked into the polling station at 1600 in town they had mentioned it was dead all day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably one of the lowest turn outs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Probably one of the lowest turn outs.
View Quote
Im hoping turn out is better in November. Either way... we're screwed. Guess we'll find out in November if we'll be felons. Wish my plans of moving out of state didn't get trashed. My employer backed out of my job offer and I had to back out of the house purchase because there is no work where I was going. I was really counting on a transfer and they offered me a position then backed out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Jack was our best shot...he was in town last week. Our Council and I went all in for him
sucks....
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Seems we're fucked. I voted for Cittarelli. When I walked into the polling station at 1600 in town they had mentioned it was dead all day.
View Quote
we did not have that bad of a turn out..but still low

a lot of positives in town and more coming
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#19]
That's why I bought one of these.

I may buy another one soon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck it...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck that abortion you posted. If we're going to get fucked into adding featureless stocks at least the Hera CQR looks OK.

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck that abortion you posted. If we're going to get fucked into adding featureless stocks at least the Hera CQR looks OK.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/208058_e8a50f51dd854bb7a597f913f9ad1fcf~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_540,h_242,al_c,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/208058_e8a50f51dd854bb7a597f913f9ad1fcf~mv2.png
View Quote
The new bans include thumbhole stocks as an evil feature, they make a version of that stock that is completely solid for that reason.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The new bans include thumbhole stocks as an evil feature, they make a version of that stock that is completely solid for that reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/208058_e8a50f51dd854bb7a597f913f9ad1fcf~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_540,h_242,al_c,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/208058_e8a50f51dd854bb7a597f913f9ad1fcf~mv2.png
Well, that's retarded.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tall, when I went to vote which was about 6:00 PM I was only the sixth one voting Republican. When the lady handed me a blue ticket I said, no, I am a Republican. The look of disgust on her face was interesting. I too also voted for Cittarelli

47 more paychecks next Friday & the Mrs. & I can move to a free state.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I wasn't going to vote this past Tuesday since I have plans in the works to be long gone before the next governor's coronation.
By the afternoon, my conscience got the better of me and I decided to do my civic duty for posterity and my fellow Arfcommers being left behind enemy lines. Got to the polling
place at 2:30pm and the poll worker told me that I was the 41st Republican out of 145 voters that showed up so far to vote. A lousy showing for
a Republican dominated district. Anyhow, if my plans fall into place, I'll be voting in my last NJ election this November.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#26]
The election went exactly as I expected it to go. Jack Ciattarelli had ZERO chance of winning as did any other Republican candidate other then Kim.

Murphy has already stated that he will raise taxes if elected and further damage out 2A Rights.

Our only chance is Kim if we put down the remote and get off our collective asses and vote! It's going to take a huge majority of us White middle class working people to stop Murphy. Ocean and Monmouth county did exactly that and ultimately put Kim into the the spot to be the Republican candidate.  

I'm hoping people are sick and tired of getting fleeced out of their hard earned money to pay for all the unsustainable State Union pensions. I hope they also realize that a vote for Murphy is a vote to pay more taxes.

I'm not very hopeful sad to say as every candidate who voted for Christie's gas tax was re-elected! How the hell does that happen? Do the voting dummies of this State really like giving up more of their money !! I just don't get it!

Get everyone you know who is registered to vote to get off their asses and vote for Kim in November! We are going to need every vote we can get!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, that's retarded.
View Quote
Whatever "retarded" nonsense they want will pass without effort, just like every other piece of nonsense that passes the Democrat controlled legislature. New Jersey will be their oyster, if they can dream it, it will be done. Hope everyone is prepared, there is literally no way this will not come to pass.

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The election went exactly as I expected it to go. Jack Ciattarelli had ZERO chance of winning as did any other Republican candidate other then Kim.

Murphy has already stated that he will raise taxes if elected and further damage out 2A Rights.

Our only chance is Kim if we put down the remote and get off our collective asses and vote! It's going to take a huge majority of us White middle class working people to stop Murphy. Ocean and Monmouth county did exactly that and ultimately put Kim into the the spot to be the Republican candidate.  

I'm hoping people are sick and tired of getting fleeced out of their hard earned money to pay for all the unsustainable State Union pensions. I hope they also realize that a vote for Murphy is a vote to pay more taxes.

I'm not very hopeful sad to say as every candidate who voted for Christie's gas tax was re-elected! How the hell does that happen? Do the voting dummies of this State really like giving up more of their money !! I just don't get it!

Get everyone you know who is registered to vote to get off their asses and vote for Kim in November! We are going to need every vote we can get!
View Quote
Lugerman, lo-freaking-l.

I will have whatever it is you're having.

Even if every gun owner in the state actually went out and voted for her, which we both know they won't, we'd still lose.

The party is over, too bad so sad.

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tall, when I went to vote which was about 6:00 PM I was only the sixth one voting Republican. When the lady handed me a blue ticket I said, no, I am a Republican. The look of disgust on her face was interesting. I too also voted for Cittarelli

Maxwell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell
We were supposed to be out of here and in Tennessee next week with a new house. But everything fell through and we're permanent prisoners in NJ for the foreseeable future. The wife and I are beyond pissed. My employer backed out of a job offer they gave me in Tennessee so I had to back out of everything since there's no more open positions in Tennessee. We planned for five fucking years to get out of New Jersey and it was destroyed in a day now we have to start all over and we're stuck here for at least five more years.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lugerman, lo-freaking-l.

I will have whatever it is you're having.

Even if every gun owner in the state actually went out and voted for her, which we both know they won't, we'd still lose.

The party is over, too bad so sad.

https://i.imgur.com/rPKWbzR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
Trump won didn't he? No one that that would ever happen right?

We'll see but I'm not giving up hope yet!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We were supposed to be out of here and in Tennessee next week with a new house. But everything fell through and we're permanent prisoners in NJ for the foreseeable future. The wife and I are beyond pissed. My employer backed out of a job offer they gave me in Tennessee so I had to back out of everything since there's no more open positions in Tennessee. We planned for five fucking years to get out of New Jersey and it was destroyed in a day now we have to start all over and we're stuck here for at least five more years.
View Quote
This is a surprising update - I must say. You've gotta have a very particular skill set that only an employer in this shithole state has the means to offer you employment.
I mean the way you you warn those who dare ask for advice on moving here you would think that you would  to be more than willing sell ice cream to eskimos just to
enjoy your FREEDOM. Permanent prisoners....LOL,  you are a yuuuuuuge HIPOCRITE. Think about your own situation before you warn (Berate) someone for daring to inquire
about moving here. Mind you - I encourage NO ONE to move here but if you area big boy / girl and think that a move here will improve your life overall try a help them
make that call.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is a surprising update - I must say. You've gotta have a very particular skill set that only an employer in this shithole state has the means to offer you employment.
I mean the way you you warn those who dare ask for advice on moving here you would think that you would  to be more than willing sell ice cream to eskimos just to
enjoy your FREEDOM. Permanent prisoners....LOL,  you are a yuuuuuuge HIPOCRITE. Think about your own situation before you warn (Berate) someone for daring to inquire
about moving here. Mind you - I encourage NO ONE to move here but if you area big boy / girl and think that a move here will improve your life overall try a help them
make that call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

make that call.
Excuse me? When have I ever berated anyone for moving here? I've told people not to move here and told them it's a mistake. But I have never berated anyone for asking. No I don't have a particular set of skills, my company however is in the midst of restructuring and there was one position open. I was offered the position and then they turned around and said they were going another direction. If there was another position in another branch I would've applied. I've been with this company 17 years with great benefits and an awesome 401k with four weeks vacation? a week of personal time and several floating holidays. Quitting and finding another job to move while I have kids was not an option.

Where the fuck was I being a hypocrite? I would never tell anyone to move here even if that person believes it's a good move. Moving here is not a good move ever. Think about my situation? I did, I planned for five years to get the fuck out of here and it didn't work out because of my employer.

Why don't you take your own fucking advice and not assume anyone's fucking situation before berating someone. Pot, meet kettle. Now, kindly fuck off.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Nick - without trying to pile on, or get things all stirred up...  let's just say that a lot of what Ed had to say rang true in my mind, as well.

No - you don't intentionally berate people - but you do come off pretty strong at times.  There have been a few times, where people were asking about specifics of moving here (not asking if they should...  it was already a foregone conclusion to them), and you would respond so vehemently, not directly saying it, but strongly implying that they were the biggest fucking moron on the planet for even considering moving here (which is a bit curious to those of us with a more finely tuned hypocrisy detector), for obvious reasons.

In the past, you had stated, "no job is worth the loss of your freedom".  But, on the other hand, that's exactly why you pulled the plug on your move to TN - because you couldn't transfer your job.  On one hand, you make it sound to others like it's better to flip burgers at McD's in freedom, than it is to make a 6-figure salary here in NJ.  Yet, on the other hand, you don't seem to heed your own advice.

I understand why you didn't move.  I do.  I get it.  I just can't figure out why you can't make the same allowances for others that you make for yourself.  And that's where the implications of hypocrisy stem from.

Nick - I think (no - I don't think...  I KNOW) you're a good guy, and you have the best of intentions.  But Ed's not coming out of left field with this - if that's his perception, and it's also my perception - just maybe there's something to it, and not just something to be dismissed with a "kindly fuck off".
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought Trump would win. Beating that criminal, especially after 8 years of Obama, wasn't as difficult as everyone makes it seem. Electing Trump was a missed opportunity IMHO.

Glad you're still able to stay positive about this. I personally think we're boned.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I thought Trump would win. Beating that criminal, especially after 8 years of Obama, wasn't as difficult as everyone makes it seem. Electing Trump was a missed opportunity IMHO.

Glad you're still able to stay positive about this. I personally think we're boned.
View Quote
I too thought Trump would win. I spend 7 hours a day reading news forums and all the comments as well. Something the Left never bothered doing. I knew there was enough pissed off people who actually vote that would never vote Democrat no matter what and Trump appeal would win him the White House.

I'm hoping reading all the NJ news forums in the next 4 months will reveal the same. All the White working middle class people I know are just as pissed as they were in the Presidential election.

I'm hoping it will continue into our election for Gov. Taxes, Taxes and more taxes are coming if Murphy gets elected. As previously stated Kim has to drive that point home in every debate as the majority of NJ votes could give a rats as about our 2A Rights!! The only thing that may save us is people fed up with paying taxes!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am truly sorry for that news! There was a line in The Godfather that went something like, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Jersey being as corrupt as it is I think the quote applies.
As for us, we will see. I have the countdown up on my desk. I am not alone in this, there are over 100 IT people  that will be gone in 18 months. Talk about knowledge drain, this is it.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Excuse me? When have I ever berated anyone for moving here? I've told people not to move here and told them it's a mistake. But I have never berated anyone for asking. No I don't have a particular set of skills, my company however is in the midst of restructuring and there was one position open. I was offered the position and then they turned around and said they were going another direction. If there was another position in another branch I would've applied. I've been with this company 17 years with great benefits and an awesome 401k with four weeks vacation? a week of personal time and several floating holidays. Quitting and finding another job to move while I have kids was not an option.

Where the fuck was I being a hypocrite? I would never tell anyone to move here even if that person believes it's a good move. Moving here is not a good move ever. Think about my situation? I did, I planned for five years to get the fuck out of here and it didn't work out because of my employer.

Why don't you take your own fucking advice and not assume anyone's fucking situation before berating someone. Pot, meet kettle. Now, kindly fuck off.
View Quote
Thanks for proving my point - in detail. I won't curse you out like you chose to do to me - that's fine I'm a big boy. First off, Thom doesn't tolerate too much in the way of shenanigans and honestly I don't go around insulting fellow ARFCOMMERs off the cuff like that for no good reason. At least one other guy here sees what I'm talking about - and I AM NOT coming out of left field.

I'll ask you again, what makes you exempt for trying to provide a better life for your family in NJ but others who want to do the same shouldn't ? I mean READ what you wrote above and then read the posts that you've directed at others who want local intel on things OTHER
than firearms. Look, I didn't post what I posted to stir shit up for no good reason - I don't know you and I'm sure when Tom488 says you are good people, I don't doubt it. But why would you think that you staying in NJ is the best thing for you and your family BUT if someone
else dares to get all the facts they can about moving here they will be making the biggest mistake of their lives? You have a great job, great bennys and all that - why can't another ARFCOMMER weigh their options and make their own decision that is best for them - just like you did. Believe it or not there ARE jobs out the in Free America. Maybe they don't pay as much as those in NJ or have as good a benny package. Maybe, just maybe, that's why those guys are sick of scraping by and may have a good opportunity here in NJ or maybe they want to double their salaries or WHATEVER. It's their decision to make - they come on here asking for help to make that decision - from fellow, like-minded people. You want to remind them what they'd be giving up coming here gun-wise? Go for it - but the level that you take it to is ridiculous.

I'm not sure what part of my own advice you want me to take? The part about giving grown-ass men as much practical info as I can and letting adults make adult decisions? Not knowing about someone's particular situation before telling them what they should do
with their lives and careers? Just so it's crystal clear -I want to answer your question:  "Where the fuck was I being a hipocrite?"  One definition for hypocrite is: "A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for". Now read what you posted above,
dig up your numerous replies to those guys asking about NJ since they are considering moving here and then YOU TELL ME if what I wrote is out of line. I'm not the pot or the kettle - I'm just someone who got tired of you trying to make decisions for others because
you are miserable living here. These guys come on here looking for help - the vast majority are gun guys. They know (at least in general) what the deal  is. I don't live in MA, NY, CA, MD or CT but I know it generally sucks in those states as far as firearms go. I hope you realize
that I'm not engaging in this discussion because I'm bored or feel like picking an internet fight or "I have it out for The Tallest" or any other BS reason.

I was just sick of seeing guys come here, ask for help and then you provide nothing but " DON'T DO IT".  Why don't you PM one of our most recent arrivals "THellUrider" to see how things are going for him? You hate NJ - we get it. That being said, if you REALLY wanted to go you could - it's just that it's in your best interest to stay - perhaps at some point you'll realize that for some, it may bein their best interest to come. I called you a hypocrite - I know that is not a nice thing to be called but after all the times you told someone to stay away and you choose to stay in a state that infringes on those liberties you hold so dear THEN lament that you are a "prisoner" just makes me . I guess I made my point - I'll go fuck off now KINDLY....you can go and have a nice day
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Lurks?? Low post count ????  LOL - thanks Thom ( I think ? )
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top