Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2017 8:13:32 AM EDT
I know the receiver of the mag is playing with fire, but could anything come against me for merely shipping the mags?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you? It's not like anyone you ship it to could use it.

Seriously, what would be the point?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea. Guy says he lives in Pa but will be staying at his dads place in NJ for awhile. What he does with it isn't my business, I just don't know if anything can happen to me for shipping it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea. Guy says he lives in Pa but will be staying at his dads place in NJ for awhile. What he does with it isn't my business, I just don't know if anything can happen to me for shipping it.
View Quote
As a private citizen of another state...  probably nothing NJ can do to you.  But know that the minute he receives the package, he's now in violation of NJ law.  And, on the off-chance he gets busted for possession of a large capacity magazine, what are the odds he'll say, "But Techsan02 sent it to me!"?

I'd tell him you'll gladly ship to his PA address, but can not participate in the commission of a crime by sending it to a place where it's possession is illegal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh, so the guy lives in PA but is staying in NJ for a few days. Cool.

Yeah, that won't stand up in court. It doesn't matter where he lives it's still illegal in NJ. I'd ship it to his PA address and if that isn't good enough then well he can pound sand.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
why the fuck doesn't he just buy what he wants from a store in PA? that way if he wants to be a retard and brings it over the border into enemy territory, it's not your problem.

it's illegal here, and i sure as shit wouldn't want any part of it, even from the shipping end. not worth the potential problems.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not illegal to sell it to him. No liability on your end. Why not sell it to him?

If he wants to take the risk to be free why deny him?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#7]
In the unlikely event they caught the UPS guy with the mags, could they charge him too?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the unlikely event they caught the UPS guy with the mags, could they charge him too?
View Quote
No. UPS guy is safe, just like if they find drugs, a bomb or other illegal items in the UPS truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like MedicYeti said, no.  I forget exactly where it is, but there's a concept in federal law pertaining to common or contract carriers - they are not considered to be "in possession" of the items they are transporting.  Depending on the terms of the shipment, the possession of the item(s) transfers directly from the shipper to the receiver, either at the point of origin, or the point of destination.

This is why the UPS guy doesn't have to fill out a 4473 when picking up a package containing a firearm, and why the mailman doesn't go to jail in NJ when he's delivering a pistol to an FFL.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I would'nt do it if I were you,sounds like a lot of trouble and you might get jammed up in legal nightmare $$$$$$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top