Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 9:23:22 AM EDT
Hey folks, do the references for a FID card have to be NJ residents themselves?  We're moving up there in August and I'll apply for mine right away, but I don't know anyone up there yet.  All my references are in VA, NC, MD.

And for God's sake, please don't turn this into a "why the fuck would you move to NJ" thread, it's a done deal and we're coming.

-hd92
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing in any statute or code that restricts FID references to residents of NJ.  The form itself just says they can't be relatives, and most PDs have a policy that the references can't be police officers.

Go ahead and submit it with your out-of-state references.  If you get any pushback, let us know here.  I'm sure we can find a couple of HTF members who will provide you with the necessary references (I already know of one  )
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do you hate freedom, OP?

DO NOT MOVE TO NEW JERSEY!!! You're making a mistake by coming here. Seriously, whatever reason you have for coming here isn't worth the bullshit of being here. No amount of money is worth living in this shit hole. Thank god I'll be out of here soon.

FUCK NEW JERSEY!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus H. Christ, I guess reading is NOT fundamental in the DPRNJ.

But, fuck it.  We already own our retirement home on a lake here in Virginia.  So while I will come to NJ to make bucketloads of money, my escape route is already mapped and the BOB packed.  First world problems, I know.

Carry on.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DO NOT MOVE TO NEW JERSEY!!! You're making a mistake by coming here. Seriously, whatever reason you have for coming here isn't worth the bullshit of being here. No amount of money is worth living in this shit hole. Thank god I'll be out of here soon.

FUCK NEW JERSEY!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jesus H. Christ, I guess reading is NOT fundamental in the DPRNJ.

But, fuck it.  We already own our retirement home on a lake here in Virginia.  So while I will come to NJ to make bucketloads of money, my escape route is already mapped and the BOB packed.  First world problems, I know.

Carry on.
View Quote
Touchy a bit. No, I read it. Just wanted to give you ample warning. There isn't anything good that I can say about it this state and I'm not going to attempt to convince you otherwise.

You'll fit in well in NJ. Also, you've been warned about how much of a shit hole this place is and you're still coming here. So don't complain when you find out just how bad it is here. Like I said, no amount of money is worth living in NJ.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not personal.  And yeah, I'm pissy about it because EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME me or anyone else comes looking for advice in a thread like this it's 100 "fuck NJ" posts and maybe 1 decent reply.

I get it, I really do, it sucks as a gun owner and conservative.  But I'm gonna work there, and then GTFO.  My lake house in VA is a 5 hour drive, easily doable every weekend/holiday/summer if I want to.

EDIT:  should have added, we lived in Maryland for 12 years before moving back to VA, so I do have some idea of what I'm getting in to.

-hd92
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not personal.  And yeah, I'm pissy about it because EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME me or anyone else comes looking for advice in a thread like this it's 100 "fuck NJ" posts and maybe 1 decent reply.

I get it, I really do, it sucks as a gun owner and conservative.  But I'm gonna work there, and then GTFO.  My lake house in VA is a 5 hour drive, easily doable every weekend/holiday/summer if I want to.

-hd92
View Quote
Understood. But this place doesn't only suck for a gun owner and conservative. It sucks if you're human. It just sucks. How long will you be working here? Where will you be living?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 47, wife is 45, we're looking to retire around 55-56 when the youngest is out of college.  So about 8-9 years.  I'm thinking positive, that's still less time than we spent in the MD shithole.

We're renting a place in Princeton the first year, likely buying something in the Cranbury area after that.  My wife is the # 3-4 person in her company, we need to be close to her office.

-hd92
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to NJ.  It's home to some of us and we have either learned to adapt to the system or maybe from old age and determination have learned to just not give a damn anymore. To each their own. Like Tom said, let us know if we can help out. Enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Welcome to NJ.  It's home to some of us and we have either learned to adapt to the system or maybe from old age and determination have learned to just not give a damn anymore. To each their own. Like Tom said, let us know if we can help out. Enjoy your stay.
View Quote
Yeah, don't mind me. I'm just your typical extremely pissed off NJ guy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, don't mind me. I'm just your typical extremely pissed off NJ guy.
View Quote
I hope you get to enjoy life after the move.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm 47, wife is 45, we're looking to retire around 55-56 when the youngest is out of college.  So about 8-9 years.  I'm thinking positive, that's still less time than we spent in the MD shithole.

We're renting a place in Princeton the first year, likely buying something in the Cranbury area after that.  My wife is the # 3-4 person in her company, we need to be close to her office.

-hd92
View Quote
I think I said this to you in another thread already but it's worth repeating: at least consider buying a home in PA. Newtown, Yardley, and Langhorne are all very nice areas in PA only ~20 minutes from Princeton. I just moved to that area myself and my office is farther than Princeton, the commute is really not bad at all.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have used out of state references in the past without any issues. Make sure your references will answer. My local PD does snail-mail forms to the references, no return envelope or postage included. The State Police near me do phone calls.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey folks, do the references for a FID card have to be NJ residents themselves?  We're moving up there in August and I'll apply for mine right away, but I don't know anyone up there yet.  All my references are in VA, NC, MD.

And for God's sake, please don't turn this into a "why the fuck would you move to NJ" thread, it's a done deal and we're coming.

-hd92
View Quote

Well, when you get here, I don't wanna hear a fucking peep outta you
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I hope you get to enjoy life after the move.
View Quote
Me too. The family and I are really excited.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
if anyone needs a reference...hit me up. I am a universal reference.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FUCK NEW JERSEY!!
View Quote
 LMFAO...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top