Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 2:19:45 PM EDT
Howdy folks, we're moving up to Princeton this summer for both my wife's and my careers.  It sucks to leave VA, but we still have a lake house down here so that's where the NFA toys will live...

Question regarding Princeton High School for those who may have any insight...are there any gang/drug problems there, more than any other place that is?  My kids will be in 9th and 11th grade next year and that's where they'll go.

And I know I need to get a FID card, anything else I should know?  I'm trying to see if I can legally keep the VA home as my legal permanent residence.  That will work for the first year, not sure after that.

-Dave
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd imagine in Princeton you'd be relatively safe. (I'd guess more "wanna be" gangsters there than real gangsters)
It's when you leave is when you have to be aware of what's going on around you.
We've got gangs in every county.
I hope you both got a HUGE raise.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya, my wife is VP-level with "big pharma" so we won't be hurtin'.  And I was just a poor dumb grad student a year ago, so compared to that I'll come out ok with whatever I land up there.

Do the NJ-HTF folks ever get together to shoot?

-D
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Howdy folks, we're moving up to Princeton this summer for both my wife's and my careers.  It sucks to leave VA, but we still have a lake house down here so that's where the NFA toys will live...

Question regarding Princeton High School for those who may have any insight...are there any gang/drug problems there, more than any other place that is?  My kids will be in 9th and 11th grade next year and that's where they'll go.

And I know I need to get a FID card, anything else I should know?  I'm trying to see if I can legally keep the VA home as my legal permanent residence.  That will work for the first year, not sure after that.

-Dave
View Quote

Have been living in Princeton all my life as did both my father & grandfather. You can message me if you want

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
In befo "Nooooo! don't do it!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Why in the hell do you want to move here?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
From my house in PA it is a ~20 minute drive to Princeton, there is no reason whatsoever to live in NJ. Less tax and more freedom in PA. PA's gun laws are even better than VA.

ETA: Housing cost is very high in Princeton too if you aren't already aware.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From my house in PA it is a ~20 minute drive to Princeton, there is no reason whatsoever to live in NJ. Less tax and more freedom in PA. PA's gun laws are even better than VA.

ETA: Housing cost is very high in Princeton too if you aren't already aware.
View Quote
Listen to this man. Do not come to NJ.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi Dave........I guess you can't turn down a boat load of money, DONT give up your house in VA !!!! you'll find here in "The Peoples Republic of New Jersey" that whatever you do its gonna co$t ya, from car insurance to property tax (Princeton YIKES !!!)  You'll find "Thugs" everywhere its just at what level  stay out of North Jersey from basically Union county up through Newark, Jersey city, Irvington etc.......by all means stay away from Camden,Trenton and Atlantic city is a real sh*thole.....So my advice to you is make your money and get out!!!...............Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I grew up in the next town over, got many friends who went to PHS. Great school, many kids end up in the top 20 colleges. Like anywhere else, there will be some druggies, but it's not a big problem. Extremely diverse crowd, so your kids will definitely fit in. It is an extremely safe and affluent area, almost like you are living in a bubble. Good place to live, but it's NJ...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I grew up in the next town over, got many friends who went to PHS. Great school, many kids end up in the top 20 colleges. Like anywhere else, there will be some druggies, but it's not a big problem. Extremely diverse crowd, so your kids will definitely fit in. It is an extremely safe and affluent area, almost like you are living in a bubble. Good place to live, but it's NJ...
View Quote
I'm pretty sure you can't use the terms, "good" and "New Jersey" in the same context.

That's tantamount to saying Hitler was an awesome guy or that liberals are intelligent. It just doesn't work.

Fuck New Jersey.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I believe that there is nothing more respectable and to be appreciated than a man who is so truly and ambitiously NEGATIVE.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure you can't use the terms, "good" and "New Jersey" in the same context.

That's tantamount to saying Hitler was an awesome guy or that liberals are intelligent. It just doesn't work.

Fuck New Jersey.
I believe that there is nothing more respectable and to be appreciated than a man who is so truly and ambitiously NEGATIVE.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]
As wealthy as princeton is, there are poor areas as well.

Yes, plenty of drugs in the township.

It is also a sanctuary for illegals.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top