Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 7:23:25 PM EDT
Hey guys - I have found a 308 lower I would like to use as the basis for a AR-10 build. It has no stock, but does have a carbine length buffer tube installed - would this represent a problem at transfer time? Thanks for any info you can provide!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You're good to go. Just put Magpul Moe Fixed Carbine stock on it.

You can also put an adjustable stock on it you just need to pin it so it can't be adjusted anymore. Which is why I suggested the fixed Carbine stock from Magpul. Why spend the extra money on adjustable one when you are going to have to pin it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! Just checked Midway - $28.45 seems reasonable to me. Now to get busy spending $$$ on the rest, but should be well worth it when I am through.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Who is the manufacturer? 308s are not milspec. Your upper will depend on which lower you get.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Aero Precision - seems like a quality lower - no?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, measure the outside diameter of the tube. If it measures 1.14" it's a milspec tube if it's 1.17" it's commercial. Then just order the correct Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top