Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2017 7:38:54 PM EDT
Keeping my fingers crossed that the bill does reach Trump's desk.

The concealed carry legislation already has 32 Senate Republican and 164 House GOP sponsors, including Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-3rd Dist.).

Another bill on the wish list of gun rights supporters, which would rescind a $200 tax on gun silencers, has the support of nine Republicans
in the Senate and 114 Republicans in the House.
View Quote

Instead, Democrats and members of law enforcement found themselves playing defense in trying to block the concealed carry and silencer
legislation, knowing that if the bills can clear Congress, Trump will
sign them into law.
View Quote

NJ dot com
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I heard they need 8 Dems to sign on.  

Edit: According to the other thread the language that overruled NJ's carry ban had been removed from the bill. So regardless of Dems getting on board, still no carry in NJ.

Let's be honest here, does anyone actually think, even under the best of circumstances, that NJ would allow it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edit: According to the other thread the language that overruled NJ's carry ban had been removed from the bill. So regardless of Dems getting on board, still no carry in NJ.

Let's be honest here, does anyone actually think, even under the best of circumstances, that NJ would allow it?
View Quote

I'm hopeful the bill passes; not for us in NJ but for the rest of America. I've said right along that none of these laws will apply to NJ and I still don't believe any of them will. NJ is it's own country, with it's own set of laws within the boarders of the United States. The Constitution does not apply here nor do any federal laws so there's absolutely no reason to believe the HPA and National Reciprocity will.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, the senate bill is the same as the one introduced the last few times. NJ resident with a non-resident CCW would be able to carry everywhere but NJ. Either way states like NJ and NY will still fight it tooth and nail no doubt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm hopeful the bill passes; not for us in NJ but for the rest of America. I've said right along that none of these laws will apply to NJ and I still don't believe any of them will. NJ is it's own country, with it's own set of laws within the boarders of the United States. The Constitution does not apply here nor do any federal laws so there's absolutely no reason to believe the HPA and National Reciprocity will.
View Quote

I'm with you in that I do hope the HPA and the reciprocity bill's do pass but I'm realistic enough to know that New Jersey's police chiefs, unions, politicians and their gibsmedat constituents will do everything in their power, including lying, to keep their precious power and maintain the status quo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top