BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2017 7:15:15 PM EDT
More at link.

March 6, 2017 – This afternoon, Governor Christie announced that his
administration has formally adopted his historic 2016 police regulations
incrementally expanding right-to-carry to those facing serious threats,
notwithstanding a series of procedural maneuvers by anti-gun lawmakers
trying to kill those regulations since May of last year.
View Quote
ANJRPC
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be excited when it applies to everyone in the state.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here.

So you may have heard about Governor Chris Christie formalizing the regulations in regards to his executive order loosening NJ's draconian,
unconstitutional concealed carry laws. While we applaud the Governor for
doing this and legitimately taking a step in the right direction, this
order is nothing to get too excited about.
View Quote

So yes, we applaud the Governor for doing this. He honestly didn't have to and he at least put in an effort to do something. Which is far more
than anything that's ever been done for us in this state. But it's less
than a bread crumb. It will be ignored by the judges and be repealed the
second an anti-gun governor gets into office.
View Quote
Link
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
All this will be short lived.

When Murphy gets in, bend the fuck over.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be excited when it applies to everyone in the state.
View Quote

I agree, but things like this will be incremental.
We aren't waking up one morning and *BOOM* We're part of the USA again.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree, but things like this will be incremental.
We aren't waking up one morning and *BOOM* We're part of the USA again.....
View Quote

Don't kid yourself. We'll never win in NJ. Incrementally or otherwise. The bottom feeding cock sucking liberal politicians will make sure of that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All this will be short lived.

When Murphy gets in, bend the fuck over.
View Quote

Which is why I will be out of here come 2018.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which is why I will be out of here come 2018.
View Quote

As of today, 53 paychecks to go, but who is counting.

I told the Mrs., please start to clean the house of all the accumulated junk you have saved after 20 years of marriage. All I will be packing are guns, ammo, books, ham radio, hopefully a motorcycle, and the cremated remains of our German Shepherd. I will give away the snowblower & safe.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As of today, 53 paychecks to go, but who is counting.

I told the Mrs., please start to clean the house of all the accumulated junk you have saved after 20 years of marriage. All I will be packing are guns, ammo, books, ham radio, hopefully a motorcycle, and the cremated remains of our German Shepherd. I will give away the snowblower & safe.

Maxwell
View Quote

The wife looks at me the other day and says, 'I don't want to take the dining room set, pots and pans, couch, the bookshelves
I just want to take the beds, dressers, TV, the guns, safe, ammo, reloading stuff, the desk and the computer.'

I looked at her and said, "OK."
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
"Avenge me boys! Avenge me!!!!......"
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The wife looks at me the other day and says, 'I don't want to take the dining room set, pots and pans, couch, the bookshelves
I just want to take the beds, dressers, TV, the guns, safe, ammo, reloading stuff, the desk and the computer.'

I looked at her and said, "OK."
View Quote

I have the dining room table from my parents. It was purchased in '28 when they were first married. Dad said to me, all the furniture is junk, break it up & use it for firewood. When we move, even the little furniture we have is going to Good Will.
Do not think I will be here for long after retirement.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have the dining room table from my parents. It was purchased in '28 when they were first married. Dad said to me, all the furniture is junk, break it up & use it for firewood. When we move, even the little furniture we have is going to Good Will.
Do not think I will be here for long after retirement.

Maxwell
View Quote

Both of my wife's parents passed away shortly after we got married. So we inherited some of their furniture which a few pieces are junk. We've moved them twice; once after they died into our old house and once when we moved into this one. She hasn't wanted to get rid of them because of her feelings. She finally looked at them the other day and said, 'They're going in the trash.' I was surprised when she finally recognized they should be thrown out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
It doesn't mean shit....the Police Chiefs don't MAKE THE DECISION....he can order the police chiefs to issue because they have to listen to the AG..the Judges, you know the guys who actually DO the denying are still going to deny every permit that comes across tjeir benches.  The SOLE way to clear this up is to change the law COMPLETELY and take out Judicial involvement in the process.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It doesn't mean shit....the Police Chiefs don't MAKE THE DECISION....he can order the police chiefs to issue because they have to listen to the AG..the Judges, you know the guys who actually DO the denying are still going to deny every permit that comes across tjeir benches.  The SOLE way to clear this up is to change the law COMPLETELY and take out Judicial involvement in the process.
View Quote
You're preaching to the choir. Shit will never change in this shit hole. Which is why I'm leaving tomorrow morning and driving 11 hours to Tennessee to look at houses. Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Retiring? Or a 2nd home to retire to????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're preaching to the choir. Shit will never change in this shit hole. Which is why I'm leaving tomorrow morning and driving 11 hours to Tennessee to look at houses. Fuck this state.
Retiring? Or a 2nd home to retire to????
I'm only 39 so I won't be retiring for a long time. If ever at the rate this country is going. I'm looking to buy, we've been renting for the past two years and it sucks. We've been planning our escape from NJ for at least for years now. We want to be out of here this summer at the earliest. Barring that it'll be before the end of the year the latest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So I was reading some of the laws around the issuance of permits. IANAL, but the way I read it was that judges were only involved when there was no municipality.

Not saying that is correct, or that in practice that's what happens, but to my layman's eye that's how it read.

Is that completely wrong?

Edit: to answer my own question, yes I was completely wrong.

The chief of police or the Superintendent shall approve or disapprove the application after completion of the investigation. If the application is approved, it shall be forwarded to the county clerk for presentation to a judge of the Superior Court of the county where the applicant resides, or if a nonresident or an employee of an armored car company, to a county where he or she intends to carry the handgun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't mean shit....the Police Chiefs don't MAKE THE DECISION....he can order the police chiefs to issue because they have to listen to the AG..the Judges, you know the guys who actually DO the denying are still going to deny every permit that comes across tjeir benches. The SOLE way to clear this up is to change the law COMPLETELY and take out Judicial involvement in the process.

Anyone with a functioning brain in their head knows this is completely true.

NJ will do whatever is legal or illegal to stop the average citizen from getting a CCW.

If you have any doubts about that just Google Robert Torricelli and Frank Lautenberg to see corruption at it's highest level.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]
This Friday I will only have 51 paychecks to go but who is counting.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This Friday I will only have 51 paychecks to go but who is counting.

Maxwell
View Quote
I've been in Tennessee since Saturday afternoon. Easter Sunday I went to the Knoxville zoo. Today I went house hunting. By 1300 this afternoon I was approved for a mortgage. Now I need to find a house.

Should be out of NJ by the end of summer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've been in Tennessee since Saturday afternoon. Easter Sunday I went to the Knoxville zoo. Today I went house hunting. By 1300 this afternoon I was approved for a mortgage. Now I need to find a house.

View Quote
Darn, I really like your news & speed of moving to a free State.

Will finish the house in the time remaining & the last year start to look. The Mrs already has a few towns on her list that she thinks will pass muster.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Will finish the house in the time remaining & the last year start to look. The Mrs already has a few towns on her list that she thinks will pass muster.

Maxwell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell
I've been talking about moving now for over two years. A bunch of my co-workers have laughed at me despite knowing full well that when I say something is going to be done it usually gets done. They're going? to be in shock when I return to work next Tuesday and call a meeting with my boss to inform him that I need a transfer to one of the Tennessee branches within two to three months.

With any luck I'll have a house picked out by Thursday and an offer in shortly thereafter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top