Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 2:00:23 AM EDT
Brady Campaign doing Brady things here in New Jersey.

"We don't want to take anyone's guns away. We want to educate and change the way people think about guns," she said. "We support common sense
regulations."

"New Jersey's gun laws are very strict, and we like it that way," said Dwight Panozzo, direct action coordinator for the
Brady Campaign in New Jersey. Panozzo also became involved in the
organization following Sandy Hook. "We don't want anyone from any state
to be able to carry a gun in New Jersey,"
View Quote
Link
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone who thought things would be different or change under a pro gun president is blind. NJ is not part of the United States. NJ is its own country within the boarders of the United States. It has its own laws that do not comply with the rest of the country. The United States Constitution is dead in NJ.

If we want freedom. We need to move. If we stay here were are slaves and prisoners.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone who thought things would be different or change under a pro gun president is blind.
View Quote

One little insignificant gun-banning group mounts a make-shift protest, and you're already throwing in the towel.  Believe me, only a very few people in Congress even give a rat's ass what a state like NJ has to say.  HR38 WILL pass in the House, and, if it reaches the president's desk, Trump WILL sign it.  The battle is going to be in the Senate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

One little insignificant gun-banning group mounts a make-shift protest, and you're already throwing in the towel.  Believe me, only a very few people in Congress even give a rat's ass what a state like NJ has to say.  HR38 WILL pass in the House, and, if it reaches the president's desk, Trump WILL sign it.  The battle is going to be in the Senate.
View Quote

I have no doubt HR 38 will pass. It just won't apply to NJ. How many laws were passed over the years that should've benefitted the entire country and states like NJ, NY, CA, CT, MD...Etc... Just laughed?

Nothing will change in NJ, we'll still be subject to draconian oppressive and unconstitutional gun laws here and we'll still be criminalised. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to be proven wrong and have a win. But I'm not getting my hopes up nor am I holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have no doubt HR 38 will pass. It just won't apply to NJ. How many laws were passed over the years that should've benefitted the entire country and states like NJ, NY, CA, CT, MD...Etc... Just laughed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Such as?  Specifics, please?

HR38 has explicit language in it that provides for penalties against states that ignore it (unlike FOPA - which is simply an affirmative defense to be raised at trial...  HR38 prohibits even arresting someone).

But I'm not getting my hopes up nor am I holding my breath.

I understand.  And that's OK - I'll remain cautiously optimistic for both of us  
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
This state sucks!!! Here in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey you will NEVER carry a firearm legally and it will never change unless we vote out all the opponents of CCW,I have 6 more years till I can leave this fucking place
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
What are we up to now, something like 45 or 46 states with shall issue CCW? The whole anti-ccw "there will be blood in the streets" narrative is like refusing to believe the earth is round at this point.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are we up to now, something like 45 or 46 states with shall issue CCW? The whole anti-ccw "there will be blood in the streets" narrative is like refusing to believe the earth is round at this point.
View Quote

Yeah, but it still doesn't matter to NJ. NJ is only part of the Union in idea only. In practice, it's - it's own country within the boarders of the United States. I'm sure those that signed the Declaration of Independence and started the Revolutionary war are spinning in their graves at what the majority of the Thirteen Colonies have become.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like the verbiage added to the House bill that enabled residents of anti gun states to carry on non-resident permits from other states was removed from the senate bill: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ALB17194.pdf
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It looks like the verbiage added to the House bill that enabled residents of anti gun states to carry on non-resident permits from other states was removed from the senate bill: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ALB17194.pdf
View Quote

I should go into business predicting shit like this. I'd be friggin' rich.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you not heard of the recent view that the earth is actually flat?
Seriously!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Seriously!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously!

Yeah I have actually, funny how they are quick to throw around the term "science denier" when someone questions their global warming BS, but have no problems arguing the earth is flat or that there are more than two sexes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top