Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 8:26:07 AM EDT
Has anyone ever tried to put in for new permits while they still have ones that are active? I have 2 CZ's on per order and my already extended permits expire at the end of March. Instead of there being a gap where i dont have a valid permit i figured id apply for more incase they dont arrive in time. Im almost positive one of them wont get here in time. Just didnt know if there would be conflict somewhere in the system. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see how it could be a problem - given that the NJSP has already told several PD's that they can't restrict the number of permits one applies for - only that you can't execute more than one every 30 days without a waiver.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
no law prohibits you from applying for and receiving more permits
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured all that. Luckily im exempt from that BS 30 day thing even though ive never bought more than 1 in that time frame. Doubt it will happen this time either.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured all that. Luckily im exempt from that BS 30 day thing even though ive never bought more than 1 in that time frame. Doubt it will happen this time either.
View Quote

How are you exempt if you dont mind? I havent heard of that yet
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

LE
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody can apply for an exemption as a "collector" or a "competitor", I've never heard of anyone being denied if you're willing to jump through the hoops. It's really not worth the hassle though unless you're buying at least 3 handguns at one time, since you have to get the exemption for specific handguns by serial number. Technically also a C&R license exempts you from it but I've never heard of anyone trying that method.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Anybody can apply for an exemption as a "collector" or a "competitor", I've never heard of anyone being denied if you're willing to jump through the hoops. It's really not worth the hassle though unless you're buying at least 3 handguns at one time, since you have to get the exemption for specific handguns by serial number. Technically also a C&R license exempts you from it but I've never heard of anyone trying that method.
View Quote

Yes the multiple purchase exemption fairly easy if your shop is easy going. I assumed that he didnt word it as such so it was a different exemption. I didnt know LE was exempt of the 30 day BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top