Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2016 10:22:02 AM EDT
I'm not too sure about the whole "Gun Rental" thing that some NJ gun ranges offer,it seems to me any nut job can walk in off the street rent a gun and maybe off themselves like whats happened before,or even worst start shooting up the place I'm sure the latter would be peppered with bullets from other shooters but who wants to have to deal with that legal mess?? I'm surprised the Peoples Republic of New Jersey allows this. Any thoughts??
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I never go shooting where they rent firearms.
Nowadays I'm more cautious as to who is around me at the range rather than enjoying
My outing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see a problem with renting so as long as the proprietor runs a background check for first time renters or sees that the individual came in with gun range members
or well known customers. There will never be a fool-proof system. There is always the possibility of an ND at ranges to think about too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bring full kit. PC with LVL IV plates and ballistic helmet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Most ranges won't rent to you unless you either bring one of your own guns with you or have someone else there with you, that seems to cut down on most of the suicides. A gun shop/range is literally the worst place you could possibly pick to attempt a mass shooting so I wouldn't worry about that. It's just plain old stupidity you have to worry about, ie some idiot ND'ing a round into the person in the next lane. I've seen ranges have prices for light bulbs and other items at the register since they got shot so often
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
It's really no different than being at a range while there are total strangers shooting next to you.

Fear of the unknown is a major factor to additional gun laws. Don't be a contributor.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you seen the latest proposed legislation?
No more temporary transfer at
ranges unless both parties have NJ credentials and display those
credentials to the range owner / operator (regardless of whether the
range is staffed or unstaffed – same concerns as above).  New Jersey’s
longstanding law regarding temporary transfer of firearms on ranges has
allowed hundreds of thousands of people to try many different shooting
sports, without incident, before deciding whether to become a firearms
owner.  The legislation would shut down all of these lawful activities,
including the ones discussed below.

https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/AttackOnRangesAnd

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No more temporary transfer at ranges unless both parties have NJ credentials and display those credentials to the range owner / operator (regardless of whether the range is staffed or unstaffed – same concerns as above).  New Jersey’s longstanding law regarding temporary transfer of firearms on ranges has allowed hundreds of thousands of people to try many different shooting sports, without incident, before deciding whether to become a firearms owner.  The legislation would shut down all of these lawful activities, including the ones discussed below.

View Quote

Not they want to make taking your friend/wife/girlfriend to try shooting for the first time illegal, gotta love this state.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent.

This will also shut down all the state-run WMA's.  Finally, a bill that's going to piss off all the hunters and sportsmen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never go full retard
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No more temporary transfer at ranges unless both parties have NJ credentials and display those credentials to the range owner / operator (regardless of whether the range is staffed or unstaffed – same concerns as above).  New Jersey’s longstanding law regarding temporary transfer of firearms on ranges has allowed hundreds of thousands of people to try many different shooting sports, without incident, before deciding whether to become a firearms owner.  The legislation would shut down all of these lawful activities, including the ones discussed below.

View Quote

Yup, fuck this state. I hate this place.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I would love to ask Caputo how the hell did he come up with this BS,  it's always those North Jersey Fuckers that come up with illogical shit
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would love to ask Caputo how the hell did he come up with this BS,  it's always those North Jersey Fuckers that come up with illogical shit
View Quote

It mirrors NY's ridiculous handgun laws in some ways, if you bring a friend to the range in NY they cannot even touch your handguns unless they have a pistol permit. This just takes it to new levels of stupid and encompasses all firearms and BB guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Mr. Caputo might have gotten some ideas from someone  that has lost customers  to Gun for Hire.

I also think that the OP's question is kind of odd in its timing.

In addtion , this bill is coming  back up in January  as a Anti Terrorism/ Anti Gang  .
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Not sure if your serious here??

If you are i think you should just log out because your part of the problem in this state, everyone that uses their feels to determine what a LEGAL LAW ABIDING patron can do is not helping.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top