Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 1:13:17 PM EDT
So I read in the paper today that it was confirmed that "Pedals the upright walking bear, so beloved by the Community" was a casualty of the New Jersey bear hunt the other day. The article went on further to say that legislation to end the New Jersey bear hunt was put forth by Democratic Senator Raymond Lesniak from Union New Jersey. I called Senator Lesniak's Union New Jersey office and  asked to speak with him. I was told that he was not available but I spoke with a representative who took my name and phone number. I told her that I lived in West Milford New Jersey in upper Passaic County and we are overrun with bears both here and in Sussex County and that I find it incredibly stupid and hypocritical that Senator Lesniak all the way down in Union New Jersey would profess to know what's best for the residents of northern NJ on this particular issue. I mentioned that I was not a hunter myself but did support the bear hunt as the bears are dangerous in my neighborhood and in my own yard. I asked the representative if the Senator ever had a 350lbs bear walk right up to him while he was getting out of his car in his own driveway and of course she had no answer. I also told the representative that I found a disgusting that literally days after the bear known to some as "Pedals" was harvested legally that Senetor Lesniak would introduce a bill to ban the much needed hunt and label it "Pedals law". I made sure to tell her this was the lowest form of pandering and he should be ashamed of himself.

I know that a bunch of you are going to read this and say that it will do no good but if a group of people do this and tell their friends to do it maybe, just maybe we may get some results.  I feel like I did my part even just a little bit today.

Senator Raymond Lesniak can be reached at (908) 624-0880.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So I read in the paper today that it was confirmed that "Pedals the upright walking bear, so beloved by the Community" was a casualty of the New Jersey bear hunt the other day. The article went on further to say that legislation to end the New Jersey bear hunt was put forth by Democratic Senator Raymond Lesniak from Union New Jersey. I called Senator Lesniak's Union New Jersey office and  asked to speak with him. I was told that he was not available but I spoke with a representative who took my name and phone number. I told her that I lived in West Milford New Jersey in upper Passaic County and we are overrun with bears both here and in Sussex County and that I find it incredibly stupid and hypocritical that Senator Lesniak all the way down in Union New Jersey would profess to know what's best for the residents of northern NJ on this particular issue. I mentioned that I was not a hunter myself but did support the bear hunt as the bears are dangerous in my neighborhood and in my own yard. I asked the representative if the Senator ever had a 350lbs bear walk right up to him while he was getting out of his car in his own driveway and of course she had no answer. I also told the representative that I found a disgusting that literally days after the bear known to some as "Pedals" was harvested legally that Senetor Lesniak would introduce a bill to ban the much needed hunt and label it "Pedals law". I made sure to tell her this was the lowest form of pandering and he should be ashamed of himself.

I know that a bunch of you are going to read this and say that it will do no good but if a group of people do this and tell their friends to do it maybe, just maybe we may get some results.  I feel like I did my part even just a little bit today.

Senator Raymond Lesniak can be reached at (908) 624-0880.
View Quote
Good on you. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
im willing to toss in $50 if the guy who shot it, mounts it on a unicycle and a sign around its neck saying hi im pedals the dead bear.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Senator Raymond Lesniak doesn't give a shit about you, your bear problem, or your Republican votes.

Senator Raymond Lesniak cares about money, power, and votes that he doesn't need from you.

Good luck with your phone call.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
im willing to toss in $50 if the guy who shot it, mounts it on a unicycle and a sign around its neck saying hi im pedals the dead bear.
View Quote

This, count me in for another 50.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Senator Raymond Lesniak doesn't give a shit about you, your bear problem, or your Republican votes.

Senator Raymond Lesniak cares about money, power, and votes that he doesn't need from you.

Good luck with your phone call.
View Quote

You know what they say, If you're not part of the solution...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top