Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
First off, the name on the receiver is not on the list of rifles banned by names

The barrel is 14.5" with a pinned 1.5" Surefire brake on it.

Stock is a fixed Magpul carbine stock.

Side note - Anyone know if the Surefire Warden (aka Blast Shield) is a problem in NJ somehow? The BATF has ruled that it is NOT a suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks perfectly NJ legal to me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks perfectly NJ legal to me.
View Quote

Thanks! Just wanted a set of native eyes on it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing I'd be concerned over is the barrels OAL.
No room for error with those measurements.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fair - I'll triple check it.

I just ran into a bunch of my old "preban USGI mags" from the '94 AWB days - those aren't legel in NJ are they?

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same rules as federal law - so if it isn't, there were already a host of problems with it.  Go ahead and check, but I'm sure it's fine.  And I agree, everything else there looks NJ-passable.

I just ran into a bunch of my old "preban USGI mags" from the '94 AWB days - those aren't legel in NJ are they?

Not in the least.  If they hold more than 15 rounds, they could have been made in the Jurassic period, and would still be illegal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think the Warden is legal. Might count as a barrel shroud or something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Warden is not legal nor is the muzzle brake even if it's pinned/welded. If the brake has threads to accept the Warden then it's considered a threaded barrel.

Even if I'm wrong I'm the type of guy who isn't going to take chances like that in this retarded state. I understand the Suffice Warden blast shield is attached via a compression fit. But still this state would see it as a threaded barrel with a "suppressor".
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Warden is not legal nor is the muzzle brake even if it's pinned/welded. If the brake has threads to accept the Warden then it's considered a threaded barrel.

Even if I'm wrong I'm the type of guy who isn't going to take chances like that in this retarded state. I understand the Suffice Warden blast shield is attached via a compression fit. But still this state would see it as a threaded barrel with a "suppressor".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks like the MB556K Surefire brake. It has no threads. It uses Surefires proprietary QD system. Legal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ. lol How jumpy do I need to get?

So what's the least terrible NJ-legal muzzle device?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It looks like the MB556K Surefire brake. It has no threads. It uses Surefires proprietary QD system. Legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya no threads.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I know it has the QD mount and not actual threads. I wouldn't take the chance that's all I'm saying. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know it has the QD mount and not actual threads. I wouldn't take the chance that's all I'm saying. YMMV
View Quote

So noted - Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top