Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2016 5:14:39 PM EDT
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

When a cop runs your name in the computer in his car, it will tell him if you own guns.

Although it doesn't surprise me, It is another form of registration.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That is true for Princeton too. If the LEO enters your name and / or address a red flag is displayed warning that there are firearms present at that address.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't think all those STS-33's and P2P's just get filed away in a drawer in Trenton, right?

Federal law prohibits the ATF from maintaining a registry, and requires the FBI to delete NICS info. after 72 hours.  NJ has no such pesky law.  Not that it would really matter, as PA state law requires the deletion of transfer records within 72 hours, as well.  Ask the PSP how it is they have a Record of Sales database that documents all known firearms transfers that occur within the state of PA - and why they sometimes confiscate legally-possessed firearms from citizens who's firearm info. isn't in their non-registration registry, until such time as the owner can PROVE they acquired it legally.

Lest anyone get confused, and think that NJ is the only bastion of tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I know its a fact for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone who believes a 4473 is not a form of registration is a fucking retard.

Of course they know you're a gun owner.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been pulled over once since Ive moved back to NJ. The officer made no mention of weapons or firearms. Kind of makes you think that if they had a tip on someone being a firearm owner, they would try and jam them up beyond a simple 15 MPH over.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone who believes a 4473 is not a form of registration is a fucking retard.

Of course they know you're a gun owner.
View Quote

I figured this, but the patrolman's computer, in a local/state database.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
yup. on the screen
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

When a cop runs your name in the computer in his car, it will tell him if you own guns.

View Quote

Welcome to two years ago.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

I dont have the exact date, but ...yup. Something like that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

View Quote

And what program would the police be using to check for guns?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

Whatever database they use to look up warrants and such. Your entire history, plus a mugshot if they have one. With red text if you have an active warrant.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Whatever database they use to look up warrants and such. Your entire history, plus a mugshot if they have one. With red text if you have an active warrant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

Negative. ATS/NCIC comes up, but no gun registrations.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on man,  don't wrinkle the tin foil.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

Positive, seen it with my own eyes in a local cruiser, while looking up someone I knew. (I know the officer too).

I don't know if it work with background checks, whether you have your FID, or what, but it was there. In black letters... in English.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Positive, seen it with my own eyes in a local cruiser, while looking up someone I knew. (I know the officer too).

I don't know if it work with background checks, whether you have your FID, or what, but it was there. In black letters... in English.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The plot thickens.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. What you and the officer just did is illegal.
2. Whatever "police program" your officer friend was using, is not the standard at all if it even exists. Yes, cops can look up if you own guns, but not by simply running your license plate or checking your license, or even just checking for warrants through NCIC and ATS/ACS. It's an entirely separate process. I'm calling bullshit on this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

I found out today:

Better not go spreading that around because your officer friend could get in trouble for allowing you to look at the MDT.

CJIS doesn't have that type of information.  I dunno what system they use but it must be department not state.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Way back when, our local CAD would indicate addresses that had a pistol purchase or firearms id card associated with them.
It was indicated on the dispatchers screen as a red flag with the words "dangerous person".

In addition, the state police had a record of every pistol or long gun I had ever purchased through an FFL in the state.
They never update the file so although I have sold off most of those firearms, they are still reflected as belonging to me.

When I left the state, the firearms unit called me and asked for all my 4473 forms (I was then and am still an FFL holder).
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, I know it was technically illegal.. When the hell have cops followed any laws?

I don't know what program they use. I know he typed in Last, First name. Picked the name out of a list.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes, I know it was technically illegal.. When the hell have cops followed any laws?

I don't know what program they use. I know he typed in Last, First name. Picked the name out of a list.

View Quote

Not a state wide system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top