Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
So the only thing they did was to make possession of a stun gun illegal for minors - otherwise, no regulations on possession?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If those are the only rules for stun guns in NJ then I'm speechless. Good job Nolo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
by that "no regulation on possession" statement, does that mean we'd be able to CARRY these for self defense?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If those are the only rules for stun guns in NJ then I'm speechless. Good job Nolo.
View Quote
Nolo is DA MAN
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nolo is DA MAN
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nolo is DA MAN
Nolo of house 2A, First of his name
King of the ban state gunfolk,
King of the legal challenges,
Breaker of dumb regulations,
Bringer of hope,
And Khalassar of of the great free-state sea

Is he Azor Ahai, the lawyer who was promised?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SUBCHAPTER 1.    FIREARMS PURCHASER IDENTIFICATION CARD AND PERMIT TO PURCHASE A HANDGUN

13:54-1.2   Definitions

The words and terms used in this chapter shall have the following meanings:

. . .

"Stun gun" means any weapon or other device that emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.

. . .

13:54-1.3   State of New Jersey [Firearms] firearms identification card or permit to purchase a handgun and form of register required; prohibition on sale of certain weapons

(a) No person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, shall receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire a rifle, shotgun, or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless that person possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign, or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun, or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, unless the buyer or receiver possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell, acquire, or possess a sawed-off shotgun. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign, or otherwise dispose of a stun gun to a person under 18 years of age, and no person under 18 years of age shall receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire a stun gun.

(b)-(d) (No change.)

SUBCHAPTER 5.    MACHINE GUNS, ASSAULT FIREARMS, [AND] LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES, AND STUN GUNS

13:54-5.8          Possession of a stun gun by a minor

No person under 18 years of age shall possess a stun gun. Any stun gun possessed by a person under the age of 18 shall be subject to confiscation by law enforcement.

New Regs.  Won't go into effect for 60 days
View Quote
too bad..they just charged a guy in a nearby town with possession of a stun gun
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Can Arfcom sit in on the phone call?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can Arfcom sit in on the phone call?  
View Quote
New Jersey is a one-party consent state.   Just saying...  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#16]
No news is good news?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#18]
So the regulations specifically mention "stun guns". Does that mean that actual projectile dart/probe tasers would not be legal under these new regulations?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So the regulations specifically mention "stun guns". Does that mean that actual projectile dart/probe tasers would not be legal under these new regulations?
View Quote
2C:39-1
t."Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.

Nolo correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like both Tasers and contact stun devices should meet that definition.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

2C:39-1
t."Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.

Nolo correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like both Tasers and contact stun devices should meet that definition.
View Quote
taser is a brand name
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

taser is a brand name
View Quote
That is true, but people commonly refer to projectile stun guns as "tasers", and contact stun guns as "stun guns".
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is true, but people commonly refer to projectile stun guns as "tasers", and contact stun guns as "stun guns".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

taser is a brand name
They have the patent, no other company can even make one
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
They do have a patent, but it's not true that no other company can make projectile stun guns. Check out the PhaZZer brand. There aren't many alternatives to Taser, but they do exist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They do have a patent, but it's not true that no other company can make projectile stun guns. Check out the PhaZZer brand. There aren't many alternatives to Taser, but they do exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sued Phazzer and won
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They sued Phazzer and won
View Quote
I just checked and you are right. PhaZZer is still selling and promoting their brand oddly enough. I guess they are going to get into even more trouble.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just checked and you are right. PhaZZer is still selling and promoting their brand oddly enough. I guess they are going to get into even more trouble.
View Quote
lol Mass actually banned Phasers...cause ma stAr trek
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#28]
thank you for all your hard work!!!

.......but how can the ban on owning/carrying stun guns be unconstitutional, but the law banning carrying firearms NOT be unconstitutional? seriously---i know jack shit about the law, but this sounds retarded at best.

(oh, and fuck NJ. just figured i'd beat TheTallest to that one LOL)
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
thank you for all your hard work!!!

.......but how can the ban on owning/carrying stun guns be unconstitutional, but the law banning carrying firearms NOT be unconstitutional? seriously---i know jack shit about the law, but this sounds retarded at best.
View Quote
You're familiar with the concept of baby steps?  Because that's exactly what this is.  As you pointed out, the next time an argument is made against NJ's draconian laws on the right to bear arms, this ruling will be a prominent component of that argument.

Nolo - that about right?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Nolo!

So what does the NJHTF recommend for a first stun gun?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#31]
http://nj1015.com/nj-residents-will-soon-be-able-to-legally-own-stun-guns/

News article from today

THANKS NOLO!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]
So wait a minute...  what's this crap:

Porrino’s office said the State Police were tasked with developing regulations that would prohibit the guns from being sold to or owned by people under the age of 18. Those rules, the attorney general’s office said, will likely go into effect in December.
View Quote
I thought those rules were in effect now, as the memo from the AG detailed.  Or does the above just mean that by December, the NJAC will be updated to reflect what is already in effect now as per the AG's memo?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So wait a minute...  what's this crap:

I thought those rules were in effect now, as the memo from the AG detailed.  Or does the above just mean that by December, the NJAC will be updated to reflect what is already in effect now as per the AG's memo?
View Quote
It's means the powers that be are already working to screw us is what it means!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#35]
So I guess I won't be driving out the Pennsylvania just yet to buy my stun gun. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck it - I will.  I'll be carrying an official "Get Out of Jail Free" card - the AG's memo.

Some websites have even been updated showing them legal in NJ now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck it - I will.  I'll be carrying an official "Get Out of Jail Free" card - the AG's memo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.   Next gun show I'll shop for a few stun guns.  Something is better than nothing for protection.  The wife and daughter will appreciate them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And just as I was about to leave NJ after this case, I get drug back in again.

View Quote
You're always welcome man.

Looks like we're going to get a D governor soon.
Dumb marxist fucks will probably put us on a path to CA/NY/CT status.

Probably 10rd mags, "no features", no grandfathering.

"Help us Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope"
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And just as I was about to leave NJ after this case, I get drug back in again.

View Quote
Trick or another Nolo Treat?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#43]
@NoloContendere

Have you seen A5324 yet? curious to hear your thoughts: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A2500/2133_I1.HTM

They seriously want to require a permit for stun guns and limit purchases to 1 a month, you can't make this shit up
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@NoloContendere

Have you seen A5324 yet? curious to hear your thoughts: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A2500/2133_I1.HTM

They seriously want to require a permit for stun guns and limit purchases to 1 a month, you can't make this shit up
View Quote
Why would this surprise anyone? This was the next illogical step. Force them to unban stun guns, they move to treat them the same way they treat firearms. I called it months ago.

Did anyone think they were going to let us defend ourselves? Did anyone think they would actually relinquish any of their power?

Do you know why nobody here will admit if they bought tasers or if they carry them? I do. Everyone knows if they get caught with one, at best they're looking at a few days in county lockup and maybe a not guilty ruling after a long and expensive trial. At worst they're looking at 5 years in PMITA prison and a revocation of their rights as free men.

Those are some considerably terrifying consequences for a 9 volt battery and some copper wire.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why would this surprise anyone? This was the next illogical step. Force them to unban stun guns, they move to treat them the same way they treat firearms. I called it months ago.

Did anyone think they were going to let us defend ourselves? Did anyone think they would actually relinquish any of their power?

Do you know why nobody here will admit if they bought tasers or if they carry them? I do. Everyone knows if they get caught with one, at best they're looking at a few days in county lockup and maybe a not guilty ruling after a long and expensive trial. At worst they're looking at 5 years in PMITA prison and a revocation of their rights as free men.

Those are some considerably terrifying consequences for a 9 volt battery and some copper wire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NoloContendere

Heh, I said the same things as you did about the stun guns too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NoloContendere

I assumed a prohibition on carry but I thought a permit to purchase/ "one stun gun a month" was too laughably ridiculous even for NJ, guess I was wrong
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Tom, it's not surprising because it is the simplest solution to the "problem." They already have the framework in place, the onerous regulations and paperwork, the ambiguous carry ban, etc. Simply swipe the pen to add "or taser" to the firearm code, vote, pass, sign, and voila no more "problem."

Now onto the BRB. Just scratch out that 2 and make it a 1. Vote, pass, sign, and voila no more black rifles.

The semi auto ban will be the tricky one. But I imagine they'll try. It'll just take a little longer to make sure the legalese is airtight. Although with our dumbass in chief dropping bump stock bans like it's 1968 maybe it won't be so hard after all.  You all better watch your fingers and belt loops, they may end up banned too.

There is literally nothing standing in their way. At least in NY they had to payoff a few RINOs to openly betray the poor bastards. Not here. No need. Vote, pass, well you get the picture.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tom, it's not surprising because it is the simplest solution to the "problem." They already have the framework in place, the onerous regulations and paperwork, the ambiguous carry ban, etc. Simply swipe the pen to add "or taser" to the firearm code, vote, pass, sign, and voila no more "problem."

Now onto the BRB. Just scratch out that 2 and make it a 1. Vote, pass, sign, and voila no more black rifles.

The semi auto ban will be the tricky one. But I imagine they'll try. It'll just take a little longer to make sure the legalese is airtight. Although with our dumbass in chief dropping bump stock bans like it's 1968 maybe it won't be so hard after all.  You all better watch your fingers and belt loops, they may end up banned too.

There is literally nothing standing in their way. At least in NY they had to payoff a few RINOs to openly betray the poor bastards. Not here. No need. Vote, pass, well you get the picture.
View Quote
It's funny because you think they're actually going to vote on any of this. There's no voting on this. It's just PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS!!!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top