Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 9:04:40 PM EDT
I have a CCW issued by the state of Florida which expires in September.  The issuing agency has sent me the renewal paperwork, including a fingerprint card with instructions to have my fingerprints inked unto the card. Additionally, they require the fingerprints be done by a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

I am pretty sure my local PD does not do fingerprinting since folks I know have been told to get them done elsewhere and these are electronically done.

Has anyone on the beehive been through this Florida renewal process?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The first time I had it done was at a FL carry road show. They paid a local Vernon constable to do it en masse. The second time I did it through my local PD. They offered it as a free service to town residents. The look on that cop's face when I answered his question about what the prints were for was absolutely priceless.

Call your PD and ask if they will do it. Sadly, if they ask you why you need them you're probably shit out of luck. Maybe find another town that will do it for a fee?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about going for the FL non-resident carry permit to carry in PA when I go and visit in laws. I realized that it was illegal to transport firearms to and out of the border for that purpose so I gave up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking about going for the FL non-resident carry permit to carry in PA when I go and visit in laws. I realized that it was illegal to transport firearms to and out of the border for that purpose so I gave up.
View Quote

It's also not valid in PA anymore...  for the last few years, PA only recognizes FL residents with FL permits.  About the only non-resident permit still viable in PA is TX.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Tom is correct, FL permits are now only valid in PA if you are a FL resident (same for UT permits). Although PA allows you to carry in a vehicle with a permit from any state:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106.
(b)  Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(11)  Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE

Gun for Hire offers the fingerprinting service at their Woodlawn facility.

Will update post if anything changes, thanks for the replies to the question.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
thanx good to know
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top