Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2015 6:23:43 PM EDT
Does anyone in the NW area (Warren, Hunterdon, Somerset, Morris counties) have a lathe?  I've got a couple of 1.25" shafts that I need center-drilled, and dangit if the spindle on my lathe will only accept 1" stock.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a little further than your specified area but the spindle bore on my lathe will accept 1 1/4 stock.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one, but I have on occasion called the VA Medical Center in Lyons, NJ, during the week and got the wood shop on the phone.  Its only open certain days and hours. The instructor agreed to let me bring it in and one of the Vets doing work there would do whatever I needed done on a piece.  I always showed up with donuts and a box of Joe and had  a fun few hours.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend has one and he is a big time gun guy.  I know he'd do it in a heartbeat for you but unfortunately we are all the way down in Camden County.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Just an update.  First, big thanks to Sean (hemcon9) for allowing me to come over and use his lathe.  That was really cool of him.  Second, since I had a job to do that exceeded the capacity of my machine, I couldn't let that situation repeat.  So, I fixed it    Just took delivery of this today:

That should hold me for a while...  at least until Tuesday, anyway  
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you gonna build with that kid?
View Quote

Nothing that would run afoul of NJ's manufacturing laws, I assure you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope you stopped down at the local pd and filled out your "Application to purchase a lathe" permit.
My understanding is the N.J. compliant version will not allow you to cut threads in 1/2x28 or 5/8x24, Etc. Etc.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope you stopped down at the local pd and filled out your "Application to purchase a lathe" permit.
My understanding is the N.J. compliant version will not allow you to cut threads in 1/2x28 or 5/8x24, Etc. Etc.
View Quote

Sure, I will grab that app too while I am picking up my dog license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top