Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2015 12:21:45 PM EDT
It's for a Tantal AK. Alot of places call it a muzzle break and some call it a Flash Hider. Its almost similar in design as the standard AK74 brake.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a brake to me
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a break until you get pulled over by a cop.  He won't know what he's looking at and now it's a flash hider on an illegal assault weapon.      

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a break until you get pulled over by a cop.  He won't know what he's looking at and now it's a flash hider on an illegal assault weapon.      

View Quote
+1

I would rather be safe than sorry. If it's a grey area it's a no go for me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
That is not a flash hider.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean...am i any safer because i AM a LEO? Lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
For the most part, cops get abused on these forums. You do have exemptions under 2c:39. If the manufacturer says it is a flash hider, then it is a flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No personal insult intended but......   in my town most of the cops think they are above the law and act that way. So if you live in my town screw that thing on and have at it. But if you are you of the good guys I'd get an expert opinion, something that I cannot offer.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No personal insult intended but......   in my town most of the cops think they are above the law and act that way. So if you live in my town screw that thing on and have at it. But if you are you of the good guys I'd get an expert opinion, something that I cannot offer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My comment was sarcasm. It was intended to mean if i was pulled over by a cop would he still be ignorant of the law and think i was doing something illegal or would be value my opinion of the firearm just because im an LEO? LEO or not i follow the law, especially with this kinda shit. Too much to risk
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If the manufacturer   ATF says it is a flash hider, then it is a flash hider.
View Quote
fixed

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Muzzle break= exit of muzzle device slightly larger than caliber of rifle
Flash hider= exit of muzzle device open

That's what I've been told is the difference between them
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]
As far as I know, there has not been ONE single case of anyone being charged for a flash hider. And yes, the correct answer is what the ATF says it is (not the manufacturer). However.... the ATF will no longer "classify" muzzle devices as it no longer regulates them (per the AWB sunset). So therefore, there are no ATF "classifications" for muzzle devices for NJ (or any ban state) to go by (therefore, Unenforceable). In other words, the ATF does not classify them. The state does not classify them (never have). So they aren't any classifications to go by for them to enforce (a manufacturer description is THEIR idea of what it is, and can advertise it however they like. It is NOT a classification).
But the rumors and worries of "getting caught" with an unlawful muzzle device keeps the fear alive (and us peasants in line)!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread makes me laugh because it's one of those bullshit NJ laws that is utterly ridiculous. If it makes you feel any better, the big issue we have here in GA now is the legality of "shouldering" Sig braces on our AR pistols. Everyone has them down here and everyone runs them like SBRs. It's not like the ATF (or anyone) is enforcing anything because like the MB/FH situation, it is unenforceable.

It would be nice for Nappen to set the record straight as to how a MB/FH is actually (if it can be at all) determined in NJ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top