Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:36:41 PM EDT
I have a question regarding my recent and hopefully last visit to your state.

I was headed to CT on I78 and I95. I missed my turn onto I278 and ended up on the turnpike. I overshot the ticket dispenser and failed to get a ticket. I pulled into a maintenance shop lot about 20 yards away to inquire as to how to rectify my predicament. This Mercedes with two gentlemen pull in behind me and offer a ticket to help me out. When I turned this ticket in at the toll booth I was accused of making an Illegal U-turn and have to pay the full $13.85 toll. I told the attendant my story but the receipt has "ILLEGAL U-TURN" printed on it.

My question: Am I going to receive a citation in the mail or is the case closed with being charged for the full turnpike toll?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont see you getting a citation if you paid the full amount. Full amounts are usually paid if you lose the ticket or something along the lines of what you did. Now if you happened to go through an EZpass by accident then you would get a citation in the mail. Ask me how i know lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that you will, I'm sure stuff like that happens quite often. As long as you paid the $13 I think you'll be alright. New Jersey isn't that bad, where you were it is, but there are very nice parts of the state
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont see you getting a citation if you paid the full amount. Full amounts are usually paid if you lose the ticket or something along the lines of what you did. Now if you happened to go through an EZpass by accident then you would get a citation in the mail. Ask me how i know lol
View Quote

or even if you didn't go through an ezpass, you still get a citation in the mail, which includes a picture, fuzzy at best so the plate is unreadable, of a vehicle that not only bears no resemblance to any vehicle you own or have owned in the past, but is of a make and model that dmv records would reveal you have never had anything to do with..........and it still takes 7 months to get straightened out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
One time the EzPass lane failed to read my EzPass and a month later I get a letter in the mail for $58 on a $0.50 toll. So I call then up, give then the number off my EzPass and explain what had happened. They demanded the $58 and I refused to pay it staying I had a pass but the lane didn't read it despite it being on my windshield where they state to put it. After a few minutes arguing they relented and let me pay the $0.50 that I actually owed.

I think you'll be fine OP. But if you do get a citation in the mail explain to then what happened and see if they'll let you just pay the actual toll and not their ridiculous surcharges.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

One time the EzPass lane failed to read my EzPass and a month later I get a letter in the mail for $58 on a $0.50 toll. So I call then up, give then the number off my EzPass and explain what had happened. They demanded the $58 and I refused to pay it staying I had a pass but the lane didn't read it despite it being on my windshield where they state to put it. After a few minutes arguing they relented and let me pay the $0.50 that I actually owed.

I think you'll be fine OP. But if you do get a citation in the mail explain to then what happened and see if they'll let you just pay the actual toll and not their ridiculous surcharges.
View Quote
I did pay full fare for the turnpike. The receipt indicates that I left 18W and returned to the same gate. I just can't figure the motive for the guy giving me a ticket he must have known wouldn't work.

edit:and thanks. I was wanting to hear from someone from NJ about this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did pay full fare for the turnpike. The receipt indicates that I left 18W and returned to the same gate. I just can't figure the motive for the guy giving me a ticket he must have known wouldn't work.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

unfortunately, Jersey is full of scammers and assholes. I was taught young to trust no one here unless they prove they are trustworthy. it seems you have encountered one of our countless scammers/assholes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The guy gave you a ticket for a random plaza, I really doubt he knew where it was from.  Ezpass would have sent you a bill from 18w to wherever you exited plus a fee which will be waived once.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top