Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2015 4:25:45 PM EDT
Just tossing around the idea of another pistol caliber carbine and I came across the Mechtech. By the time I put together a package, it come close to a complete AR style rifle in 45 acp...

Anyone have the Mechtech?  Is it worth it?  And of course is it legal here in NJ?

Thanks.......
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheap bump.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have only had experience with one Mechtech and it was several years ago. The issues I was with it could have been just that one or a design issue that has been fixed by now.
Friend had a 1911 Mechtech with a 460 Rowland chamber. The gun had a bad habit splitting cases. Pulling the rim off the back and leaving the rest of the brass stuck in the chamber. It would do it with 45acp and 460 Rowland rounds. We tried using several different 1911 lowers on it and it still broke cases.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have only had experience with one Mechtech and it was several years ago. The issues I was with it could have been just that one or a design issue that has been fixed by now.
Friend had a 1911 Mechtech with a 460 Rowland chamber. The gun had a bad habit splitting cases. Pulling the rim off the back and leaving the rest of the brass stuck in the chamber. It would do it with 45acp and 460 Rowland rounds. We tried using several different 1911 lowers on it and it still broke cases.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.. I was afraid there could be issue's.. I'm not in a hurry so, I'll wait for another couple guy's to chime in.. I was looking at the Olympic arms upper also..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top