Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 8:21:37 PM EDT
I bought a M35A3 Duece and a half.  Its located in Mt. Holly NJ (near Ft. Dix).  Its not currently running and has a few flat tires.  I need it moved to my location in Bangor PA.  I have one bid so far to transport it and should have at least a couple more soon.  If anyone works for, owns or knows of a company that you would recommend to have move it (and would likely do it for a reasonable price) please let me know.  Either respond to the post with your/their info or contact me through the site.

I'll of course provide pics once I get her home.

Thanks

UPDATE:  Got her home on Friday.  It went pretty smoothly.  I'll get a picture up soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to High School with the Guy that owns the Company...

Sorry I can't hot link from here... But you could try them for an estimate.

http://riehlstowing.com/home.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks mbdolfin.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else with a recommendation?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
now i wish i had put my m35a3 up for sale on the EE, you could have picked up and driven that one home. I bought it at ft. meade and drove it all the way home. what a trip!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else with a recommendation?
View Quote

I can name 4 or 5 guys with Landolls but you're looking $125 an hour for a heavy towing company, or, call a freight broker like Landstar BRS in Bedford and they will put the job out to bid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd try a specialty vehicle moving company like Horseless Carriage. We use to get all kinds of cars delivered to the shop for restoration. Most had flat tires and did not run. If it fits in a semi, they can move it. They are based in the northeast too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd try a specialty vehicle moving company like Horseless Carriage. We use to get all kinds of cars delivered to the shop for restoration. Most had flat tires and did not run. If it fits in a semi, they can move it. They are based in the northeast too.
View Quote

Paterson, NJ to be exact.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Got it home on Friday.  Went with mbdolfin's recommendation. I'll get a picture up soon.

Tires aired up no problem.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got it home on Friday.  Went with mbdolfin's recommendation. I'll get a picture up soon.

View Quote

My Dad use to talk about driving a deuce and a half when he was in the Army.  I could Google it but an as-is picture is much better.  It's cool to see someone interested in old military vehicles.   Looking forward to seeing it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looking Forward to seeing pics!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Here are a few pics.

#1 Starting out

#2 Crossing the Delaware

#3 Getting Close

#4 As she sits now (In the rain)

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you stop at Kate & Al's pizza as you drove by Columbus Farmer's Market?
Glad you got your deuce.
Newer model at that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did you stop at Kate & Al's pizza as you drove by Columbus Farmer's Market?
Glad you got your deuce.
Newer model at that.
View Quote

No pizza on the way back.  Sorry.

Another small but important update: I got her started and drove her a little yesterday (just a few hundred feet in the driveway).  So far so good.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went to High School with the Guy that owns the Company...

Sorry I can't hot link from here... But you could try them for an estimate.

http://riehlstowing.com/home.html
View Quote

We went to the same high school at the same time.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top