Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 7:22:19 AM EDT
Do you think the new court ruling knocking down the "good cause" portion on concealed carry in DC will filter it's way to NJ?  It's already been knocked down in DC and CA, so is there a small pinhole blip of light deep in the future that we might be able to get CCL?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll need to be appealed all the way to SCOTUS for it to have any immediate impact on us.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure it is years away from affecting NJ, but every time we chip away it is positive in my eyes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to think so but then I realize we are in New Jersey and all the wind leaves my sail.  There may be hope but I'm not holding my breath.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything is possible with Jesus! We'll get it soon!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep hearing from evan nappen that the one thing that will really get things moving here regarding CCW is national reciprocity.  Because when every CCW license holder from anywhere is legally allowed to carry here in NJ except our own residents, things will change for us.  So Evan Nappen is concentrating his efforts on that bill.  Uphill battle for sure...but with CCW in Chicago and DC already changing, its only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep hearing from evan nappen that the one thing that will really get things moving here regarding CCW is national reciprocity.  Because when every CCW license holder from anywhere is legally allowed to carry here in NJ except our own residents, things will change for us.  So Evan Nappen is concentrating his efforts on that bill.  Uphill battle for sure...but with CCW in Chicago and DC already changing, its only a matter of time.
View Quote

Nappen seemed very confident that national reciprocity in some form is going to happen soon in his last interview on GFH radio. Support for gun rights in the country as a whole, especially CCW, is probably the highest it's ever been right now so hopefully he's right.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nappen seemed very confident that national reciprocity in some form is going to happen soon in his last interview on GFH radio. Support for gun rights in the country as a whole, especially CCW, is probably the highest it's ever been right now so hopefully he's right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will never happen with Obama president.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FBHO
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It'll need to be appealed all the way to SCOTUS for it to have any immediate impact on us.
View Quote

never gonna happen. we've already seen everything that SCOTUS will bring regarding 2A.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The way I have seen it written has everyone being able to carry in NJ, except NJ residents... What makes you think that bit will get changed? Will NJ residents get it changed? LO-Fucking-L, never gonna happen.

NJ will get CCW when enough New Jersey residents stand up and demand it. Did I say, "never gonna happen" yet?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The way I have seen it written has everyone being able to carry in NJ, except NJ residents... What makes you think that bit will get changed? Will NJ residents get it changed? LO-Fucking-L, never gonna happen.

NJ will get CCW when enough New Jersey residents stand up and demand it. Did I say, "never gonna happen" yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, first seeing every out of state resident being able to carry except you, that might put a little fire in your's, mine, and everyone else's butt to start doing something about it.  Second, we can safely assume that this would be unprecedented if this would happen, so who knows how many people get woken up by this, and who knows how many states/counties would change their policies for us to follow suit.  Yes, there will be the crowd of gun anti-ness gobblin' away, but i do think that this will be our best shot.  We would have a little leverage at least.

Roy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top