Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 9:39:56 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good quality AK and was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  I like Arsenal but the only NJ legal model that I've found is $1,300+.  I know that just about any rifle can be made legal by pining the brake and removing the bayonet lug but do any other manufacturers make NJ legal models?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
There were a lot of ban compliant AK's that were imported in the 90's like Norinco MAK-90, Century SAR-1, Maadi ARM, FEG SA-85m. When it comes to AK's foreign made is what you want. You can still find MAK-90's around $800, they are one of the best AK's you can buy IMO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Century Arms WASR-10 which is the legal version of an AK-47 off of a consignment.

Nice rifle.

RW3
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a Century Arms WASR-10 which is the legal version of an AK-47 off of a consignment.

Nice rifle.

RW3
View Quote

I paid $400 for one, it does what an AK is made to do
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle.

RW3

X3 Nice Rifle for the price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle.

RW3

I am old I have $299 Colt 1911
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get anything you want as long as it doesnt say AK-47/74 on the receiver and you get it fixed for ban compliance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Get in on the ground floor and buy a SAIGA. These can be had for $5-600.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all.  Just a quick update...I went with a Vepr AK47.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top