Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2015 7:48:21 PM EDT
http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/constitutional-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-2015/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=chronicle0221&utm_campaign=20150221-constitutionalconcealedcarryact
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
?????
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't really trust a damn thing that came from CTD's website. lying cheating bastards.

search google for "ccw by state", and get current results.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
That's great and all....except NJ doesn't issue permits to it's residents.  Therefore reciprocity doesn't mean anything to us here
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's great and all....except NJ doesn't issue permits to it's residents.  Therefore reciprocity doesn't mean anything to us here
View Quote

Correct.  What it would do, if the law ever passed, is allow everyone who is NOT an NJ resident to carry in NJ, but deny that same right to NJ residents.  That will set up a huge court challenge based on a 14A equal protection argument, which has a pretty good chance of doing to NJ what the 9th circuit did to CA (changed them from may-issue to shall-issue).
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't really trust a damn thing that came from CTD's website. lying cheating bastards.
View Quote

True, but they're correct in this case.  The Senate bill is S.498, introduced last week:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/498?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22cornyn%22%5D%7D

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have used CTD and never had a problem. Yes the raised their prices, but everyone did, Be mad at Barry if anything. ok what just happened to M855. Barry doesn't like M855 and everyone else pays the price. I just bought 15 boxes of .22 Stingers for what I used to pay for 9mm. But that is the world we live. I bought .357 Sig from CTD during the price increases, they were the only ones that had it and their price was not overly inflated
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Correct.  What it would do, if the law ever passed, is allow everyone who is NOT an NJ resident to carry in NJ, but deny that same right to NJ residents.  That will set up a huge court challenge based on a 14A equal protection argument, which has a pretty good chance of doing to NJ what the 9th circuit did to CA (changed them from may-issue to shall-issue).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it wouldn't.  "Equal access" doesn't protect us on the types of firearms we can own, why would "equal access" work on where we can carry guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong.  NJ is MAY issue, but issue none the less.  They would have to recognize out of state CCWs.  Seems silly but maybe they'd let us do it too once they were forced to release all of the out of state CCWs they illegally arrest under that new law (should it pass)
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wrong.  NJ is MAY issue, but issue none the less.  They would have to recognize out of state CCWs.  Seems silly but maybe they'd let us do it too once they were forced to release all of the out of state CCWs they illegally arrest under that new law (should it pass)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah NJ is TECHNICALLY a MAY issue state, we all know they don't issue at all though.  I'm about to submit my application, bet I'll be denied for no reason other than I haven't shown "good enough cause" since self defense doesn't meet their criteria
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah NJ is TECHNICALLY a MAY issue state, we all know they don't issue at all though.  I'm about to submit my application, bet I'll be denied for no reason other than I haven't shown "good enough cause" since self defense doesn't meet their criteria
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh you are totally right - unless you are rich or connected to a judge.  My point was that since NJ was a carry state (even if defacto not) they would be forced to abide by the federal reciprocity law because they are nominally a carry state.  First there will be an assault of illegal NJSP arrests of legal out of state carriers.  Then the out of staters will (probably) win thier cases on appeal to the Feds. (The NJ court system is notorius for ignoring your rights) - or maybe not win (see Drake) - Then and only then and finally will NJ folks realize that out of staters are carrying evil guns in their midst and being NJers will only then want thier God given 2A rights.  Because Jersey Strong or some such NJ idiocy.  Then we will have shall issue carry, and not before.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Even if a national ccw became law, NJ would still arrest your ass, they don't care.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Even if a national ccw became law, NJ would still arrest your ass, they don't care.
View Quote

I agree and it was in my post above.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Here in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey,you will NEVER EVER be able to get a CCW,so just get to work,pay your taxes and shut up and sit down!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]

nevermind same thread as before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top