Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2015 4:19:55 PM EDT
i have multiple mags and mag blocks that will make them legal in the state. What size roll pins do I use to do the modification and where do I get them?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
3/32" or 1/8"...  any hardware store, Brownells, Amazon, etc.  They're sometimes referred to as "tension pins" or "spring pins".
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Hotlink to: DYI, etc.

Made hot: L_d
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I use stainless ring nails myself.
They work great making long 10's into 15's in the M&P 15-22 mags.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If you replace the lower spring retainer in a Pmag with a Magpul 5 round limiting spring retainer (in a 20 round mag) is that legal w/o pinning (since the 5 round block IS the retainer, vs using a separate block)?

This is the limiter in question:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416717/magpul-pmag-minus-5-round-limiter-for-gen-m3-pmags-223-remington-polymer-black-package-of-3
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you replace the lower spring retainer in a Pmag with a Magpul 5 round limiting spring retainer (in a 20 round mag) is that legal w/o pinning (since the 5 round block IS the retainer, vs using a separate block)?

This is the limiter in question:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416717/magpul-pmag-minus-5-round-limiter-for-gen-m3-pmags-223-remington-polymer-black-package-of-3
View Quote

no. the magazine must be permanently modified. if you can still disassemble it (basically without destroying it) and make it 20 rounds again, it's a no-go.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
i recently bought some of these blocks from MAGAZINEBLOCKS.com and they seemed to work pretty well. Just drop them in, expoxy the base and you are good to go. You can get them precut from them for 15 rounds too. One of them i had to take a file to about a hair so i can fit the 15th round but the rest were fine. Ive tried several methods and this one seemed to be the easiest. Im too lazy to drill holes and worry about putting in roll pins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top