Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2015 6:14:50 PM EDT
I'm in the Sayreville/Parlin  area and am wondering where you folks buy your guns? Do you buy online and use a local FFL or is there a shop with reasonable prices? Do you buy handguns one place and rifles at another?

Thanks for the helpful replies in advance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually buy online and have them shipped to private FFL's. Im all about supporting local business but some of their prices are ridiculous and usually when i go into some of them, they make it seem like a burden to ask for help or its the complete opposite, they hawk the shit out if you and if you just look around without buying they get pissy.

Rifles sometimes at gun shows if the price is right. If i want a particular rifle thats not ban compliant, i buy online and have it shipped to a PA FFL/gunsmith to have it worked on so its legal before you bring it back home. Handguns usually online and shipped to private FFL locally.

Even aftet shipping and transfer fees, you can still save a ton of money buying online. I found a brand new FNS-9 with night sights +shipping online for almost half the price of what local dealers wanted them for.

Also the EE here is a good place

Edit: also alot of people go to high volume stores to just look at shit before they buy online. Yeah it sucks for the local dealers but why pay more than what you have to. Rays Sportshop used to be good for that before they closed up,
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm seeing more and more LGSs posting signs that transfers from on line dealers will incur a $100 fee...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm seeing more and more LGSs posting signs that transfers from on line dealers will incur a $100 fee...
View Quote

Find a local kitchen table FFL, 80% of their business is usually transfers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought my pistols from RTSP and rifles/shotguns online and shipped to GfH for $20 FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Banger's Sport Shop at the South Jersey Shooting Club.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I've bought quite a few from Cheyenne Mountain, Pineland's Sporting Goods, and Tip's. Which is now at place called Shooters.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't found (or looked I should say) for a new ffl since Paul bounced.  I still support Tips/Shooters for over the counter because they are has nice as they come and only ten minutes from my home.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't found (or looked I should say) for a new ffl since Paul bounced.  I still support Tips/Shooters for over the counter because they are has nice as they come and only ten minutes from my home.
View Quote

Yeah, Tom is good people.
I stopped by a couple weeks ago with my cracked fore end from a Benelli i bought from him at Tips almost 5 years ago.
He was like "done,give you a call when it comes in. No charge under warranty."
I wound up walking out with a nice used single barrel while i was there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
After the last pick up it was difficult to walk out without a new benelli.   But been there done that....I'm focused on pistols,  dammit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Best prices are on-line then have the transfer done by a home based FFL.  Can't beat that price combo.

Go to Gun Shop to touch and feel.  Their prices are high and most employees are rude and idiots.

If they are nice to me,  I will buy at the store.  I make good money so I do not mind buying from a shop if they treat me right.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the advice guys, I am waiting for my 3 pistol permits and am in the market for a glock 19, fnx and ruger gp100 so maybe online is the best bet. I wish I could buy all three at once but I guess I'll have to do it over three months, thanks NJ.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
How can i find an FFL in my area that wont charge an arm and a leg for a transfer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How can i find an FFL in my area that wont charge an arm and a leg for a transfer.
View Quote

by telling us what area that is?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Morris and hunterdon  county.

I spotted the heritage guild on route 22. Nice selection of pistols when I stopped in tonight. Since I'm still currently a pa resident they wouldn't let me handle anything. Gay.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I spotted the heritage guild on route 22. Nice selection of pistols when I stopped in tonight. Since I'm still currently a pa resident they wouldn't let me handle anything. Gay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. I always thought it was bullshit that because you don't have a FID you cant touch a firearm. what the fuck, are we in kindergarten?

anyway, i'm up in Sussex, but I use a FFL in Lincoln park (Morris Co.) sometimes that charges like $40. there are definitely cheaper places around, and i'm sure someone will post something in here that's better. I have to ask Joe up at Mastodon what he charges, as he's 5 minutes from my house (need to get wife's permission to buy another gun. she's pissed I just blew almost 1k on a bow LOL)
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good Luck, Ive paid anywhere from $40-75 for a guy to do some paperwork and make a phone call
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I've done some buying online and saved a hundred bucks or so,but they get ya with the FLL tranfer
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Out of the trunk of a Cadillac Seville in Camden............it's my version of the buy-back program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top