Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 11:25:55 PM EDT
Ok, I have yet another "maybe" for a legal NJ comp. How about The Bravo Company Compensator Mod0-5.56?  It's marketed as a Comp, AND passes the non official (but Fudd common) "pinky test".
So.... would you, or wouldn't you?

This NJ stuff is sickening. They ban "flash hiders" (if you already have one "evil" feature) yet give zero guidelines as to what qualifies as a flash hider. How are they supposed to pretend to enforce something they have no criteria for?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a good looking Comp...

I wouldn't mind putting that on my next build if it's Legal to pin and silver solder on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen people in NJ using them before, but it doesn't mean they're legal.

From their website:
It was designed for tactical applications to reduce muzzle rise, flash signature, noise, and lateral pressure.
View Quote

^That alone makes me say no.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I took a picture of that comp to my local gun store and asked the owner if it was NJ legal. He told me it was because is has a closed front, not completely open. I'm not giving legal advise, just passing along a conversation I had with someone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the mod 1, (extended version to make my 14.5 barrel legal), pinned and welded on one of my carbines a while ago. My intention was to bring it to NJ. Obviously the laws are open to interpretation, and my arguement for it was that you cant stick your pinky in the end of it all the way. Would that stand in court, IDK?. As far as performance, truth be told it did an ok job, not great.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback guys! I know the only "safe" bet for a non comp-ish looking device is the FSC556, but those are known to throw quite the blast off to the sides. The BMC is, supposedly, less concussive to the sides. That's why I was/am considering it (plus, hey, it looks awesome!).
If anyone else gets any more word/advice on it's legality, please keep me posted!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top