Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
I don't get it.  No where seems to be accepting new members?  What gives?  I just moved back and now have no where to shoot.  Awesome
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't feel bad, there are no membership openings in North or Central Jersey.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Quinton Sportsmans Club
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Atlantic County Pistol Range 175 Betsy Skull Rd Egg Harbor Twp
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I work at south jersey shooting range in Winslow which is outside and we have bays from 7yds to 300 with a 1000yd range in the works. We also host 3 gun, steel plate, static steel and idpa shoots on Saturdays. I also work at bobs little sport shop which in an indoor range in glassboro
. Feel free to stop by and tell them joe sent you...
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't get it.  No where seems to be accepting new members?  What gives?  I just moved back and now have no where to shoot.  Awesome
View Quote

What Ranges denied you membership Some ranges are not ranges, but Gun Clubs rather, there are a few that limit membership just to cover the taxes and upkeep on the property.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
We are a hunting club that has a range NOT a range that has a hunting club

50 yard and 100 yard range for rifle, pistol, shotgun.
50 yard Archery range for bow and crossbow.
Club house.

Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.
Barnegat, NJ 08005

http://buckeyegc.wildapricot.org/Target-Shooting

If you are interested, drop me a line.

RW3

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They aren't taking members.

I'm down in Salem County so that's primarily where I've been looking
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I work at south jersey shooting range in Winslow which is outside and we have bays from 7yds to 300 with a 1000yd range in the works. We also host 3 gun, steel plate, static steel and idpa shoots on Saturdays. I also work at bobs little sport shop which in an indoor range in glassboro
View Quote

I shot at Winslow when my brother was a member there, I haven't checked but he mentioned how expensive you guys were.  I tried to shoot at Bob's once because I used to live in the next town over but I was told I wasn't allowed to use my own ammo and that I had to buy it from the store.....so I walked out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I shot at Winslow when my brother was a member there, I haven't checked but he mentioned how expensive you guys were.  I tried to shoot at Bob's once because I used to live in the next town over but I was told I wasn't allowed to use my own ammo and that I had to buy it from the store.....so I walked out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

South Jersey Shooting Club is $250. per year for an individual and $350. per year family, not so expensive if you shoot once a month.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

South Jersey Shooting Club is $250. per year for an individual and $350. per year family, not so expensive if you shoot once a month.
View Quote

That's a bargain.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's a bargain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a bargain.

A REAL bargain is the ability to shoot from the rear deck of your home
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's a bargain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a bargain.

That's highway robbery where I just moved from.  Ugh I miss freedom loving states
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's highway robbery where I just moved from.  Ugh I miss freedom loving states
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a bargain.

I suppose you won't be shooting any time soon. Good luck in finding a Range that suits your budget.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I simply didn't settle on a house.  Faced with spending a good deal of time here we made it as bearable as possible.  While all ya'll are planning your escape, we dug in
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sounds like a "hold my beer and watch this moment." Yeah yeah I KNOW why!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I simply didn't settle on a house.  Faced with spending a good deal of time here we made it as bearable as possible.  While all ya'll are planning your escape, we dug in

Sounds like a "hold my beer and watch this moment." Yeah yeah I KNOW why!!!!

That's usually mumbled just before the shooting starts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I might have missed it. And you came here because????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a bargain.

I might have missed it. And you came here because????

I'm originally from here.  Moved back for family and a job.  Might leave to hop across to PA soon though
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If things don't pan out for me in my escape plans, I'll be over with my shovel, sandbags, ammo, MREs, and the Mountain House Buckets, maybe the dog if he's still alive

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Have you checked out Salem County Sportsman's Club? I'm not a member but I've been there and it looks pretty nice. My club is like those previously mentioned - we are very private and not currently taking new members either.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called them today 856-935-9843 and I was told they are taking members and have never closed their membership. Not sure who you talked to but give them a try.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#24]
So they dont end up like Range 14 with 10,000 members trying to get on 25 different tables or waiting 2 hours for one
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I called them today 856-935-9843 and I was told they are taking members and have never closed their membership. Not sure who you talked to but give them a try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember who I talked to but was definitely told they weren't taking members.  I'll give them a call again
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#26]
My buddy is a member at Quinton's and it's never been crowded the handful of times I've been there.  There website doesn't mention anything about NOT taking new members. I did notice the fee went up. It was $80 last time I asked my buddy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top