Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 3:36:08 PM EDT
As far as I can tell, 300 meters (CJRPC) seems to be the max distance for any range within an hour of the Phillyburbs.  Anyone know some place close that is longer?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
SJSC has a 300yd range as well

Cumberland Rifleman has a 600yd range IIRC
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I just looked them up.  Yes, they do have a 600 yard range.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the final (for this season) 600 yd all prone match is coming up next Saturday Oct 11 (postponed from today 10/4)
It is imperative that you arrive with a know distance zero on your rifle and an experienced 600 shooter will give you the "come-ups" so you can get your first shot on paper at 600, then adjust from there.
Cumberland Matches
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And the final (for this season) 600 yd all prone match is coming up next Saturday Oct 11 (postponed from today 10/4)
It is imperative that you arrive with a know distance zero on your rifle and an experienced 600 shooter will give you the "come-ups" so you can get your first shot on paper at 600, then adjust from there.
Cumberland Matches
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cumberland Matches

Thanks for the info, but I am teaching air rifle next weekend.  
I have never shot further than 300 meters and shoot 4" groups at that.  I am not ready for any kind of match at 600 yards.  I am just looking for the experience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for the info, but I am teaching air rifle next weekend.  
I have never shot further than 300 meters and shoot 4" groups at that.  I am not ready for any kind of match at 600 yards.  I am just looking for the experience.
View Quote

A 600yd match is the place to practice
It takes 2 people, a shooter and someone in the pits
You can't see a .30cal hole at 600 in your 60x scope, but you can sure see that 3" spotting disc.

Don't forget the 300yd all prone matches at SJSC
Starting Nov 16, every 3rd Sunday
9AM start  $10 entry for targets
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe there's a 1000 yd range in Bridgeville, De.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
yes there is
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cumberland Matches
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cumberland Matches

Two of us from Old Bridge are planning to attend with our Springfield 03-A3 for the "Vintage Rifle " Division.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
We are currently working on a 1000yd range like camp perry at south jersey shooting range :)
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We are currently working on a 1000yd range like camp perry at south jersey shooting range :)
View Quote

Wow, that would be great. Any time estimates on completion?

We are currently planning on using the 1,000 yd range at  Peacemaker Training Facility in West Virginia for the 2015 season.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you referring to South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow, NJ?  Making a 1000 yard range??

I have been shooting at Cumberland Riflemen since 1999... And I'm still an active member.

I love shooting on the 600 yard range at Cumberland...But I really want to stretch my rifles legs and shoot at 1000...

Is there a time frame that SJSC 1000 yard range will be done....And if so...Can I get on the waiting list to become a member?

By the way... I am shooting a Rem 700 PSS Rifle with a 26" barrel using Night Force NSX Glass in .308 with 168 or 175 gr. Match Kings at 600...

But If I can have access to 1000 yards in NJ... And not have to drive all the way to Quantico to stretch my rifles legs...I would be in my Glory!!!

I can already see myself building that 6.5 x 284 Custom Rifle now!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top