Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 2:09:51 PM EDT
I live in Va.  My stolen AK pistol was recovered by the Pemberton PD. last year.  I have been trying to get it returned for months now and finally my local DA was able to get a hold of Asst DA Douglas Bligh to ask what the delay was in releasing it to me.  He tells my DA that the Feds say because the barrel was shortened and the stock modified it is illegal.  This is an AMD 65 pistol build with original barrel, wood hand guards and a block in the rear of the receiver.

Is this DA being an a hole?  I had a feeling they would try to avoid returning it.

Anybody here in NJ able to help me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
everything is illegal in NJ.  You will probably need a lawyer to convince the PD to return it.  They would need to be educated that the pistol is legal in the state that it was stolen from (it is right?) and therefore must be returned to the rightful owner.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just might be cheaper ( and less of a hassle ) to buy a new one, but good luck anyway.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
May as well just right it off. This is NJ.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking I should write the NRA and see if they offer any help.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top