Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2014 7:57:28 PM EDT
Hello folks, I remember a few months back seeing that PA wasn't honoring the non-resident Utah ccw permits anymore, but did that change? Two separate people mentioned to me in the last week that there was some sort of loop-hole thing and that PA will honor the permits again.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  PA and UT have since signed a reciprocity agreement, but PA only recognizes "a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Utah to residents of Utah".

If you are not a resident of UT, a UT permit is useless in PA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  PA and UT have since signed a reciprocity agreement, but PA only recognizes "a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Utah to residents of Utah".

If you are not a resident of UT, a UT permit is useless in PA.
View Quote

Alright, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Alright, thanks for the info.
View Quote

Current Status of Pennsylvania Reciprocity Agreements
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the only way right now for a NJ resident to legally carry in PA is to travel to Texas and get a TX non-resident CCW.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe the only way right now for a NJ resident to legally carry in PA is to travel to Texas and get a TX non-resident CCW.
View Quote

You have to travel there to take a class or?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, my understanding is that all TX CCW classes have to be taken in TX.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe the only way right now for a NJ resident to legally carry CONCEALED in PA is to travel to Texas and get a TX non-resident CCW.
View Quote

It is still legal to open-carry in PA, with the exception of Philadelphia.  It is also legal to transport a loaded handgun in a vehicle with a permit issued from any state (resident or non-resident).
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The POS Attorney General in Pa. must have a thing against NJ Residents who obtain Non-Resident Permits, in the last few years, Florida, Virginia and Utah NR permit holders got the boot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top