Wtf is a ruger ar15
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wtf is a ruger ar15
View Quote

That would be the Ruger SR556.

This one will be interesting to watch.  The SR556 is available in a ban-compliant model.  I'm assuming that's what he had, since he wasn't charged with possession of an assault firearm.

If we are to believe the report (snicker)...  it looks like he was charged with 2C:39-5c (unlawful possession of a rifle or shotgun), 2C:39-7 (certain persons not to possess weapons), 2C:39-3j (possession of a prohibited device - large capacity magazine).

2C:39-5c goes away if he has a valid FID.  2C:39-7 will only stick if he has prior convictions (article made no mention of that), and 2C:39-3j is only valid if those magazines really were 20-round.  Wanna bet they were PMAG20's blocked to 15?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This one will be interesting to watch.  The SR556 is available in a ban-compliant model.  I'm assuming that's what he had, since he wasn't charged with possession of an assault firearm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf is a ruger ar15

I was being sarcastic about the ignorance of our news reporters who don't bother to report correct information when that is their job
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was being sarcastic about the ignorance of our news reporters who don't bother to report correct information when that is their job
View Quote

I don't have too much of a problem with their description...  "AR-15" is a pretty generic term these days (hell, look at the URL for this site) - so calling the SR556 a "Ruger AR-15" seems pretty accurate.  Hanging the "assault weapon" tag on it is the ignorant part, especially since that's very close to a specific legal term that has serious ramifications in this state.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't have too much of a problem with their description...  "AR-15" is a pretty generic term these days (hell, look at the URL for this site) - so calling the SR556 a "Ruger AR-15" seems pretty accurate.  Hanging the "assault weapon" tag on it is the ignorant part, especially since that's very close to a specific legal term that has serious ramifications in this state.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to guess that since he had 20 round mags, his ruger was probably not NJ compliant either, classifying it an assault weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top