Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 6:47:35 AM EDT
story here

so, what exactly did he do wrong? is our state really this fucked up?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Just read it and came here to post...MY HEAD ALMOST 'SPLODED

FUCK THIS STATE RIGHT IN THE ASS WITH A RED HOT POKER

This poor fuck will be victimized twice and the second assault will make his wife's look like a slap on the ass

Oh and FUCK those guys..
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
story here

so, what exactly did he do wrong? 2 Things: 1. Apparently married the crazy and2.  decided to live in NJ - I am guilty of one of those 2 mistakes. is our state really this fucked up? YES
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
"There was no initial indication that the weapons and ammunition are illegal, he said."

WTF  arrest him, destroy his property and then figure out if he did anything illegal. I hope he has a good lawyer. Sounds like a good civil suit case.

So I have gas heat and a gas range is my place dangerous to myself and my neighbors? I could make a big bang.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
they got a search warrant because they saw that he had 2 gun safes?
Did just read that right?
Is this crazy or what?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to get the fuck out of this state.

eta: Those dipshits in blue should be prosecuted, tried, convicted, and locked away for society's own good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I should take the stickers off my car for fears of prosecution. .....FML
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's the problem: Media Bias ( especially in NJ ) towards weapons of any kind, every story involving firearms is going to put a spotlight on how bad and evil firearms are,
and the fact that the NJ Justice Dept. is loaded with rabid anti-gun zealots.

And this: His wife, Eileen Lintner, was charged with second-degree aggravated assault and illegal possession of a weapon, a knife.
Anyone wanna bet it was a kitchen knife

And last but not in the least, the author and editors of this story are obviously well versed in anti-gun propaganda

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The bitch was probably making him a sammich.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's the simple fact about NJ:
If the police are called to your house for anything questionable(domestic, neighbor dispute, wrong address warrant) and you have guns, you will lose your guns.  Police, prosecutors and the media will do everything they can to take them away.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
that is not true.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to laugh at that one
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Crazy wife stabs him, somewhere in there 911 called. Cops respond, see safes. What was reasonable cause for search warrant?
And how is it prosecutable and not thrown out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Crazy wife stabs him, somewhere in there 911 called. Cops respond, see safes. What was reasonable cause for search warrant?

Cops were called.  An act of domestic violence was committed.  A member of the household was arrested for DV.  Procedure is to remove all firearms from the house in that instance.  The LETTER of the law (somewhere in 2C:25-21) states:
upon observing or learning that a weapon is present on the premises, seize any weapon that the officer reasonably believes would expose the victim to a risk of serious bodily injury.

However, this simply becomes "seize any weapon, regardless of ownership, just because we can".

Somewhere, either during the initial search, they discovered the black powder.  NJ law prohibits possession of more than 5 lbs. of black powder.  At that point, they have evidence of a crime.  Bingo - he's also arrested on that charge, therefore, sieze all weapons, crack open all safes, and he's fucked.

They'll cut him a deal to drop the charge of powder possession, but he'll forfeit everything they seized.  AND - if any of those seized firearms turn out to not be NJ-legal...  well, then a whole new ballgame starts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Prayer to God

Almighty Father Creator of all, please help me get the fook out of here before I turn to worm meal, suffer Alzheimer's, or anything else that will impede my total enjoyment of firearms, binaries, MG, SBRs, and supressors.

Amen.

Ahhh, I feel better already!

View Quote

Do eet!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not simple, no not at all.
View Quote

I know brother...took me forever

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cops were called.  An act of domestic violence was committed.  A member of the household was arrested for DV.  Procedure is to remove all firearms from the house in that instance.  The LETTER of the law (somewhere in 2C:25-21) states:

However, this simply becomes "seize any weapon, regardless of ownership, just because we can".

Somewhere, either during the initial search, they discovered the black powder.  NJ law prohibits possession of more than 5 lbs. of black powder.  At that point, they have evidence of a crime.  Bingo - he's also arrested on that charge, therefore, sieze all weapons, crack open all safes, and he's fucked.

They'll cut him a deal to drop the charge of powder possession, but he'll forfeit everything they seized.  AND - if any of those seized firearms turn out to not be NJ-legal...  well, then a whole new ballgame starts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

upon observing or learning that a weapon is present on the premises, seize any weapon that the officer reasonably believes would expose the victim to a risk of serious bodily injury.

Um, never knew that
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Um, never knew that
View Quote

The statute is 21:1A-133, and allows storage of not more than 36lbs. of smokeless powder, and not more than 5lbs. of black powder.  Any more than this amount requires a permit issued from the Commissioner of the Dept. of Labor and Industry.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The statute is 21:1A-133, and allows storage of not more than 36lbs. of smokeless powder, and not more than 5lbs. of black powder.  Any more than this amount requires a permit issued from the Commissioner of the Dept. of Labor and Industry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um, never knew that

Interesting, wonder what kind of damage 5 lbs. of black powder can do if it lit up at once, let alone kill ya ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Depends on pressure. I used to have a powder box, it was very heavy wood covered in thick tin. The bottom was made of same wood but slotted, about 3/4" between boards. In the event of accidental ignition, while closed, the pressure of BLACK powder would vent over a period of time below the "ka-boom" point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, never knew that

The statute is 21:1A-133, and allows storage of not more than 36lbs. of smokeless powder, and not more than 5lbs. of black powder. Any more than this amount requires a permit issued from the Commissioner of the Dept. of Labor and Industry.

Interesting, wonder what kind of damage 5 lbs. of black powder can do if it lit up at once, let alone kill ya ?

Depends on pressure. I used to have a powder box, it was very heavy wood covered in thick tin. The bottom was made of same wood but slotted, about 3/4" between boards. In the event of accidental ignition, while closed, the pressure of BLACK powder would vent over a period of time below the "ka-boom" point.
Is there any way they could use this to apply to large amounts of ammunition?

Edit: Because of flies and shit
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there any way they could use this to apply to large amounts of ammunition, say 3 or 4k? I plan on moving back to nj in the spring and thats what I would be bringing.
View Quote

I highly doubt it.  Even if they wanted to COMPLETELY stretch the statute, and "claim" that possessing ammunition is "storing" powder....  let's take .223 ammo.  At about 25 grains of powder per round, you'd need over 10,000 rounds to exceed 36 lbs. of powder.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there any way they could use this to apply to large amounts of ammunition, say 3 or 4k? I plan on moving back to nj in the spring and thats what I would be bringing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um, never knew that

The statute is 21:1A-133, and allows storage of not more than 36lbs. of smokeless powder, and not more than 5lbs. of black powder. Any more than this amount requires a permit issued from the Commissioner of the Dept. of Labor and Industry.

Sorry but I got a chuckle out of this line. "Large amounts of ammunition, say 3 or 4k".
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I highly doubt it.  Even if they wanted to COMPLETELY stretch the statute, and "claim" that possessing ammunition is "storing" powder....  let's take .223 ammo.  At about 25 grains of powder per round, you'd need over 10,000 rounds to exceed 36 lbs. of powder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a follow-up...  NJ Administrative Code, Title 12, Chapter 190 (Explosives), Subchapter 1, section 1.3 (Scope) says, "this chapter shall not apply to [...] 6.  Small arms ammunition".
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't advertise what ur bringing to our God awful state
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Why do I come back here. Its very depressing. Attempting to get condo on the market next spring. Once I'm setup in VT ill hold an open invitation for a BBQ and shoot out at the range in my damn yard hahaha.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Prayer to God

Almighty Father Creator of all, please help me get the fook out of here before I turn to worm meal, suffer Alzheimer's, or anything else that will impede my total enjoyment of firearms, binaries, MG, SBRs, and supressors.

Amen.

View Quote

Wait, binaries are illegal?  As in exploding targets?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
This is not America, this is NJ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prayer to God

Amen.

Wait, binaries are illegal?  As in exploding targets?

This is not America, this is NJ.

Good to know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top