Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 2:59:37 PM EDT
Just curious if there is a competition exemption to magazine limits?  I know NY has one so I was curious as to how all the other USPSA divisions would compete in NJ.  Or if they'e limited by the law
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
15 rd limit for anything brought into the state
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Was hoping to get around that somehow for when I move next weekend.  Ugh oh well.  Might as well sell my Glock 17 then
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was hoping to get around that somehow for when I move next weekend.  Ugh oh well.  Might as well sell my Glock 17 then
View Quote

Just shorten the frame to take 19 mags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks.  I have a 32 already so I'm not shortening the grip.  I'll just buy 10 round mags for my USPSA stuff and keep the 17 round mags up here in the north with the rest of my "illegal" gear for when SHTF
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No thanks.  I have a 32 already so I'm not shortening the grip.  I'll just buy 10 round mags for my USPSA stuff and keep the 17 round mags up here in the north with the rest of my "illegal" gear for when SHTF
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are sources for 15rd modified Glock 17 magazines. One of which I'm not allowed to post here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are sources for 15rd modified Glock 17 magazines. One of which I'm not allowed to post here.
View Quote

A quick google search turns up, among others, this supplier:

[url=Banned Member AND a FRIEND]=Yes, this COULD be true...Some Random Online Firearms Accessory Site[/url]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard good things about that random online firearms accessory site.

Edit: Yes that could be true, but irrelevant - can't "accidentally" OR intentionally advertise for a banned member of this Forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Only exemptions in this state are Mil and LEO with the ability to possess high cap mags, however are for duty use only and cannot be used in public.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#10]
LEO can use them for duty use including training with a duty firearm.  Most duty use is in public view including some training.  If you go to any USPSA match you may see some "big sticks" there but those guys are taking a risk.  I doubt you would ever see LE do any type of attempted crack down at those events but there are other reasons why contact with LE could potentially occur.  I personally do not and would not take a chance.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't frequent this enough to know what happened but ok
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, for fuck's sake...

If anyone is looking for 15-round AR, AK, Glock, or M&P magazines - PM me, and I'll tell you where you can find them.

This has nothing to do with promoting someone else's business...  this has everything to do with locating a very difficult to find item, to make sure people moving into this fuckhole of a state don't wind up becoming a fucking criminal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Boy LD being nice to you is hard sometimes. But I like you, PM for info too, I still talk to the ban one, he is a really good guy. Have to see if he can make some 15 round Glock 17 mags. I have some great mag bases that will work in ARs or AK mags. I have thought when we go to Lancaster for a weekend to get some 30s and just cut them off to the right length. Bring them back and fit them
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]
You going to apoligize for being so mean to him?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#21]
And we are allowed off-duty hi caps, just need a letter from our chief to purchase. The ban screwed up and they gave us blanket exemption. The mag bill this year was going to correct it. We get 15 rounds, you got 10 rounds. My one lwyer has letters from the AG telling the prosecutor to drop a case of a LEO having 30 round magazines. Personally I keep all mine at 15, you suffer, I suffer. We need to stick together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top