BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a word from local news sources.

I was ready to buy a dozen 10 rounders from Brownells, really.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured he would.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I know the reason why it was vetoed..... and that's because at the weekend I ordered 4x 10rd MPags and 2x 10rd S&W MP9 mags from Brownells to beat any rush.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate to be a kill joy , but when Christie is gone and a Commicrat takes the governor's office, there
will be a ban on mags over 10'rounds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate to be a kill joy , but when Christie is gone and a Commicrat takes the governor's office, there
View Quote

Don`t be negative! Enjoy the moment for now!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Count your Blessings, all 15 of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not a word from local news sources.

I was ready to buy a dozen 10 rounders from Brownells, really.

View Quote

I bought 10 from Midway and they are going to be delivered tomorrow.  Oh well they were a good price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank God!!! And thank you to all those who wrote, called, etc!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

There will be a ban on a lot more than that.  Just under Christie's tenure, were it not for his vetoes, we'd have a 10-round (possibly even a 5-round) mag ban, a ban on anything .50 caliber, a ban on most all semi-automatic rifles, a 5-year FID card, tied in to our driver's licenses, administered by the MVC, required training to even obtain an FID, in-home inspections, and a few other crazy ideas that have been floated.

I know most here are not fans of Christie.  I wish he were more Pro-2A than he is, as well.  But, regardless of the motivations, the fact remains that he's done more to DEFEND NJ citizens' 2A rights than any governor in the last 20-some years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
What this guy said ^^^^^^^.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There will be a ban on a lot more than that.  Just under Christie's tenure, were it not for his vetoes, we'd have a 10-round (possibly even a 5-round) mag ban, a ban on anything .50 caliber, a ban on most all semi-automatic rifles, a 5-year FID card, tied in to our driver's licenses, administered by the MVC, required training to even obtain an FID, in-home inspections, and a few other crazy ideas that have been floated.

I know most here are not fans of Christie.  I wish he were more Pro-2A than he is, as well.  But, regardless of the motivations, the fact remains that he's done more to DEFEND NJ citizens' 2A rights than any governor in the last 20-some years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
This !!!!  done the Most for the 2nd Amend in way over 20 years.  write some letters and tell him how
much you appreciate this. its not only NJ, as more anti shit gets passed, other states start to follow or throw
around these grand ideas. this is fkn Awesome !!!!

and its the Lamest thing i ever heard buying ten round puke mags even before a ban was passed !!! thats just stupid !

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Wait, what? Crispy Crème actually vetoed a anti-gun bill? CC, arfcom's favorite punching bag?? Unpossible, every time I've pointed out some of the "good" things
this guy has done for NJ I've received a hefty and thorough beat-down. There must be some kind of mistake - this Obama's butt buddy for cryin out loud - remember Sandy??
Us poor fucks stuck here could do (and have done)  a lot worse than CC. Perfect in our eyes, NO but remember, we do live in a overwhelmingly liberal part of the country...
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I am truly happy about this! I am skeptical as to why it took so long but as others have mentioned perhaps the timing was due to the holiday (and now the approaching hurricane) so as to have it buried in the news. I also heard that the Newton CT group had deluged his office with some 55k letters to him to sign these into law. Shows you what we are up against. Heaven help was with the next democrat rat governor! I will call and thank him though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Saw NBC's take on this....

"'Gov. Christy vetoed 15 rd. mag law.... favoring more comprehensive mental health programs.

Supporters of the vetoed law say limiting to 10 rounds would have saved lives because it takes more time to reload....'"

Too bad she didn't hear the testimony of that flunky X-cop Senate member who said it took HIM 10 seconds to reload his Glock...

he failed to say his Glock was in the next room where he threw it in surrender.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Saw NBC's take on this....

"'Gov. Christy vetoed 15 rd. mag law.... favoring more comprehensive mental health programs.

Supporters of the vetoed law say limiting to 10 rounds would have saved lives because it takes more time to reload....'"

Too bad she didn't hear the testimony of that flunky X-cop Senate member who said it took HIM 10 seconds to reload his Glock...

he failed to say his Glock was in the next room where he threw it in surrender.

You realize the only people the mental health clause effects are dimocraps..... I crack me up
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I think it's time to thank the Governor for his veto. We nagged him to veto it, we should thank him for doing so. Below is my email to him.

As a sportsman and avid shooter I would like to thank you for your recent veto of the 15 round magazine ban. We all know that the criminals do not care about one more law while they are committing their crimes. We also know that the law-abiding sportsmen like myself, and thousands like me, are not the folks that we all need to worry about. Let's do something about keeping criminals in prison and let's fix the mental health issues plaguing the nation.
 As I write this note on the eve of America's greatest holiday, Independence Day, I can't help thinking to myself that without firearms and the ability to use them we would not be a free nation.
 Thank you again for your common sense approach on the subject.

Sincerely,
name
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wait, what? Crispy Crème actually vetoed a anti-gun bill? CC, arfcom's favorite punching bag?? Unpossible, every time I've pointed out some of the "good" things
this guy has done for NJ I've received a hefty and thorough beat-down. There must be some kind of mistake - this Obama's butt buddy for cryin out loud - remember Sandy??
Us poor fucks stuck here could do (and have done)  a lot worse than CC. Perfect in our eyes, NO but remember, we do live in a overwhelmingly liberal part of the country...
View Quote

Absolutely!  perfect...no....but about as good as we've had in NJ for a long time....if ever.  Enjoy the moment, and don't return those 10 round mags!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#23]
sent him a big thank you
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#24]
for all the Arfcommers that hate the guy, i dont mean just here in the NJ hometown, all over they moan..
my question is who do you want as the next Pres ? Hillary ? um...  Homey Dont Think So
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I love this man.... He is actually trying to address the issue not pass "feel good" laws.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I love this man.... He is actually trying to address the issue not pass "feel good" laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hopefully other politicians will now follow his lead and talk about improving mental health care in the US.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I read the whole thing, including the recommendations, and I must say that I am quite surprised by Chris Christie's latest actions, but I remain cautious of him.

A Thank You email is in order for his veto, and for his stance on mental health.

I am going to eat a donut in his Honor tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think it's time to thank the Governor for his veto. We nagged him to veto it, we should thank him for doing so. Below is my email to him.

As a sportsman and avid shooter I would like to thank you for your recent veto of the 15 round magazine ban. We all know that the criminals do not care about one more law while they are committing their crimes. We also know that the law-abiding sportsmen like myself, and thousands like me, are not the folks that we all need to worry about. Let's do something about keeping criminals in prison and let's fix the mental health issues plaguing the nation.
 As I write this note on the eve of America's greatest holiday, Independence Day, I can't help thinking to myself that without firearms and the ability to use them we would not be a free nation.
 Thank you again for your common sense approach on the subject.

Sincerely,
name
View Quote

me too
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought I posted this already but I called the governor's office for you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top