Link Posted: 3/15/2013 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought 21 was already the law?
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought 21 was already the law?

It is - 18 USC § 922 (b)(1):

It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;

The NRA was challenging that law.  They lost.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
You can be 18 and a cop, but you can't carry off duty
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
In Texas and many other states it's legal to own a handgun if you're under 21, you just can't buy one from a FFL. In some states you can even get a CCW at 18.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
in jersey you used to but getting the permit is  a killer
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would argue, if 18 is old enough to vote and you can fight and die for your country then you can own a handgun.

I would argue the same for alcohol, cigarettes, etc.  But, unfortunately, those in charge don't listen to us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top