Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2016 12:51:42 PM EDT
Years ago, defined as in when I was going to High School , I read something about the relative perceptions of heat and where a person lives. As I recall the anecdote used various parts of the world to illustrate the story. An Albuquerque, New Mexico weather forecaster told of a cold front coming. "It'll be a chilly 80° tomorrow...." A New York City weather forecaster told his audience "...It'll be a comfortable 80° tomorrow. Go outside and enjoy it!"

I caught this article today. It's right out of the story:
Hotter than TENERIFE.  Britain Sizzles in 27C Sunshine

Their 27° C translates to a very comfortable 80° in my AO, humidity included.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
We peaked at 27-28 degrees here over the weekend. It's insanely hot for this place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Today was about 16 - East coast of Scotland not far from Edinburgh

Felt way hotter, as I was stuck behind a south facing window.

Hottest I experienced was in Indonesia!!
THAT was just nuts

First visit to Sweden was in early June & it was 30-deg.
Lovely & warm though swmbo gave me grief for covertly admiring the local wimminz in their "not much on" attire...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top